Municipality of Anchorage
Dog License Tags Go Digital!
QR-coded license tags:
- Expedite reunions of lost dogs with their families – direct trips homes; no layovers at the shelter;
- Create your dog’s unique online profile with multiple contacts, behavioral and medical information and more;
- Keep your dog legal so you can avoid fines!
Purchase your dog’s license now!
Adoption. Education. Assistance.
- Educates elementary school students on dog behavior and how to prevent dog bites.
- Offers shelter tours to schools and organizations.
- Enforces Anchorage Municipal Code Title 17 (Animals), including responding to animal welfare concerns and nuisance complaints such as barking, investigating dog bites and animal attacks and assisting loose and injured animals. To request a welfare check on an animal, report a loose or injured animal, report an animal bite or file a complaint about an animal, please contact Animal Control Dispatch at 343-8119.
- Monthly pet food and supplies give-away.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Saturday and Sunday 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Christmas and New Year's Eve:
11:00 A.M to 3 P.M if M - F.
10 A.M. - 2 P.M. if on S - S.
- Closed: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Location and Contacts
4711 Elmore Road Anchorage, AK 99507
Customer Service: 343-8122 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Control Dispatch: 343-8119 / email@example.com
Anchorage Animal Care and Control serves the entire Municipality of Anchorage, from Girdwood to Eklutna.
The Department of Health and Human Services contracts with Animal Licensing and Placement Services, a subsidiary of Denali Universal Services, JV, to provide domestic animal care and control services to the entire municipality