Owner Surrendering Pets
If you live within the Municipality of Anchorage and are no longer able to keep your pet, you can surrender your animal to Anchorage Animal Care and Control.
What happens when you surrender your pet to us:
- There is a $20 surrender fee per animal
- You will be asked to complete an Owner Surrender form which legally changes ownership of the animal from you to Anchorage Animal Care and Control. This form can be downloaded and completed ahead of time.
- You will be asked to complete a Personality Profile which provides the information most commonly asked for by potential adopters. By completing this form, you will give your animal the best chance of finding a new home that will be a good match for him or her. (These forms can be downloaded and completed ahead of time)
- Your animal will be given a health and temperament evaluation before being placed up for adoption. We can not guarantee that an animal surrendered to us will be put up for adoption.
- While your animal is with us, he or she will be provided with a warm kennel, bedding, toys, exercise and socialization (by our volunteers).
Owner requested Euthanasia
Animal Care and Control provides low cost euthanasia services for owners in the Municipality of Anchorage that can not afford to have this done elsewhere. We apologize but due to the limitations of providing this service at a low cost, owners are not able to be with their pets when they are euthanized nor is euthanasia available on Sundays.
If you bring your pet to us for euthanasia:
If you have further questions about owner surrendering your animal for adoption or euthanasia, please call our Customer Service line: 343-8122.