Love Me with a License
Treat your dog to dog parks, expedited reunions, proof of ownership, and more! It’s also the law. Dog licenses are required in the Municipality of Anchorage and — in addition to rabies vaccinations — must be kept current.
New or Renew Today:
- In-person: at Anchorage Animal Care and Control or participating veterinary clinics.
Dog Licensing Benefits:
✓ Expedited Reunions if Lost; Animal Control officers may even deliver!
✓ Legal Access to Dog Parks
✓ Serves as one Type of Proof of Ownership
✓ Extra Form of Identification
✓ Being Lawful — and Avoiding Fines
Dog License Fees Also Support:
✓ Food & Shelter for Homeless Animals
✓ Adoption Services
✓ Education Programs
✓ Ongoing efforts to create a safe, dog-friendly community.
Dog License Fees:
The license period cannot exceed the rabies vaccine expiration date. A license is only valid if the dog's rabies vaccination is current.
Municipal Dog License Fees
- Up to 1 Year License: …$23
- Up to 2 Year License: …$43
- Up to 3 Year License: …$63
- Up to 1 Year License: $15
- Up to 2 Year License: $27
- Up to 3 Year License: $39
Note: Owners of four or more dogs are required to obtain a multi-animal facility license. Click here for more information.