Adoption. Education. Assistance.
- Provides public education programs on responsible pet care and ownership and safety with animals to schools and organizations.
- Offers shelter tours to schools and organizations.
- Rescues injured and stray animals.
- Reunites lost pets with their owners. Looking for your lost animal? Visit our Lost Pets web page for help.
- Responds to calls about animal welfare or cruelty.
- Enforces Anchorage Municipal Code Title 17 (Animals), including the investigation of dog bites and animal attacks, animal welfare checks and nuisance complaints such as barking.
- Euthanizes animals upon request of the owner.
- To request a welfare check on an animal, report a loose or injured animal, report an animal bite or file a complaint about an animal, please contact Animal Control Dispatch at 343-8119.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Christmas and New Year's Eve, 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Closed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Location and Contacts
4711 Elmore Road Anchorage, AK 99507
Customer Service: 343-8122 / email@example.com
Animal Control Dispatch: 343-8119 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Anchorage Animal Care and Control serves the entire Municipality of Anchorage, from Girdwood to Eklutna.
The Department of Health and Human Services contracts with Animal Licensing and Placement Services, a subsidiary of Doyon Universal Services, JV, to provide domestic animal care and control services to the entire municipality