The Girdwood Tent Campground is currently closed. We plan to reopen the end of May, 2021.
Girdwood Parks and Recreation offers tent camping opportunities during the summer months at the Girdwood Campground. To reach the campground, take Alyeska Highway and turn east on Egloff Drive. Follow Egloff Drive past the Glacier City Hall building, Girdwood Fire Department and Ball Field. The Girdwood Campground is located just past the Ball Field.
Eighteen rustic tent camping sites are set amongst the tall spruce and cottonwood trees. The campground is open during the summer only, from May thru September. weather permitting.
Overnight camping is available for a maximum of 14 consecutive nights. Camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Advance reservations are not available. Upon selecting a tent site, campers must proceed to the payment kiosk to make payment for their site.
The Girdwood Campground is equipped with a cooking area and fire ring, located at the Nissman Pavilion, port-a-potties, and bear-proof food lockers. Drinking water is available one block away, from a spigot located behind the Glacier City Hall building.
The Girdwood Campground is within easy walking distance to local restaurants, a laundromat with showers, store, health clinic, library, and post office.
For the benefit of all campers we ask that patrons obey the following rules:
- The use of fireworks and firearms of any type are not allowed in city parks.
- Pets must be leashed or confined at all times and must not disturb other campers. Please clean up after your pet - doo your duty, scoop the poop.
- Use bear-proof food lockers! Do not keep food stored in your tent or outside in a cooler.
- Discard garbage in the bear-proof trash containers provided.
- Respect wildlife. Don't put yourself, others, or them in jeopardy because of your actions.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots at all times.
- Maximum of two vehicles per campsite are allowed.
- Quiet time begins at 10 p.m. nightly. Minimize noise or other disturbances in order to maintain the serenity of the park.
- Check-out time is 12:00 Noon
For more information contact Margaret Tyler at (907) 343-8373 , or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.