Come and join our amazing team of park staff. Anchorage Parks and Recreation Department is looking for park hosts to provide a presence at a few of our park sites. Immerse yourself in the park system while being a steward to help protect the parks and provide an excellent experience for visitors.
- Centennial Campground: Filled
- Kincaid Main Park: Filled
- Kincaid Jodhpur Trailhead: Filled
- Campbell Creek Estuary: Open and accepting applications
- Chanshtnu Muldoon Park: New site coming soon
Eagle River site:
What we provide:
- Free parking
- Free electric
- Free twice a month holding tank pumping
- Access to water/showers at the Fairview and Spenard Recreation Centers (for locations with no water on site)
What we ask from you:
- A commitment to stay during term, as you enjoy sites in Anchorage, Eagle River, and Girdwood!
- Open and close park gates @ site location.
- Be on site the majority of the week; report suspicious activity to police department.
- Serve as liaisons between park users and park staff.
- Camp on park property in order to provide a personal touch and to accommodate the needs of park visitors.
- Assist visitors by providing information about the park, answering questions, and explaining rules.
- Must be familiar with the reasoning behind municipal park rules.
- Check with Parks & Recreation about having a pet @ the park host site.
- Set an example by being model campers, practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around their campsite, and observing all rules.
Hosts are not expected to enforce park regulations; rather, they should be observant and courteously advise campers of unintentional or minor violations. They should report flagrant violations to park personnel.
There is an application process; background criminal check (fee runs approximately $15 per name – maiden/married name will typically be $30 – occasionally we get an applicant with extensive background and the fee has been $45); insurance coverage on your RV & vehicle parked on site; and contract for term of park hosting.
*Park host duties and park hosting dates may vary in Eagle River and Girdwood