​Complaints and Concerns​

The Environmental Health Program responds to complaints and concerns regarding the facilities and functions it regulates. 

Types of concerns that Environmental Health investigates include:

  • Community noise
  • Food and foodservice establishment concerns, potential food illnesses
  • Smoking in public places
  • Swimming pools and spas, including potential illnesses
  • Cosmetological establishment concerns, however nail salon concerns should be addressed to the Alaska Board of Barbers and Hairdressers.
  • Rodent/insect infestations in rental housing
  • Commercial pesticide use and application

​Do you have a complaint or concern about a public facility regulated by The Environmental Health Program? Timely reporting is key for a successful investigation. Responding to complaints and concerns is a priority for the Food Safety and Sanitation Program. If you believe you may have become ill as a result of eating food from a public food facility such as a restaurant or from swimming at a public swimming pool or spa in the Municipality of Anchorage please file a complaint online​ or call our office at (907) 343-4200 during normal business hours, or if on the weekend and there is an emergency outbreak, you can call (800) 478-0084 to reach the State Section of Epidemiology emergency hotline.

  • For barking dogs please contact Anchorage Animal Care & Control. AACC responds to concerns about barking dogs and/or neglected animals. Their office hours are Mon – Fri 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., and Saturday & Sunday 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.  Please contact their customer service staff directly at (907)343-8122 or accs@muni.org.

  • For noisy neighbors, vehicles, loud music, or after-hours needs please contact the APD non-emergency line: (907)786-8500.

A person can file a complaint by following the "File a Complaint Online"​ link, by calling 343-4200, by personal visit to our office, or through the mail. Foodborne and Waterborne illness complaints require a short interview with the complainant and should be called in as soon as possible after an illness is detected.

Public Information Request Form

If you wish to obtain a paper copy of a record or document that is not available online, please download and complete a Public Information Request form.