Girdwood Parks and Recreation offers camping opportunities during the summer months at their campground located next to Fair Park. Turn off Seward Highway onto Alyeska Highway and drive 3 miles to Egloff drive. Turn right onto Egloff Dr and follow it around. The campground is just past the ball field.
There are 18 rustic camping sites (tent camping only) available. The campground has barbeque cooking and fire ring, located at the pavilion. Set amongst the tall spruce and cottonwood trees, Girdwood Campground is within easy walking distance to local restaurants, laundromat with showers, store, clinic, library, post office and book store. Maintained porta potties. Three bear proof food lockers available for use. One block to park drinking water.
For the benefit of all campers we ask that patrons obey the following rules:
- The use of fireworks and firearms of any type are not allowed in city parks.
- Pets must be leashed or confined at all times and must not disturb other campers. Please clean up after your pet - doo your duty, scoop the poop.
- Do not keep food stored in your tent or outside in a cooler.
- Discard your garbage in the bear proof containers provided.
- Do not bother the wildlife. Don't put yourself, others, or them in jeopardy because of your actions.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots at all times.
- No more than two vehicles per campsite are allowed.
- Minimize noise or other disturbances in order to maintain the serenity of the park. Quiet time begins at 10 pm.
Campground open May 21 thru September 6 (respectively). Overnight camping is allowed, with a maximum stay of 14 days. Camping spots are on a first come first serve basis.
For more information call (907) 783-8146 or (firstname.lastname@example.org)