Municipal licensing regulations can be found in Anchorage Municipal Code, Title 10.
Questions? Email us at MuniLicenses@Muni.org.
For information on fees and terms, and to download an application; select from the following licenses issued by the Municipal Clerk's Office:
Municipal Marijuana Establishment License:
- Please click here to be directed to the Special Land Use Permit/License - Marijuana Establishment.
The Municipality of Anchorage will only be accepting applications for the Municipal Marijuana Establishment License and Special Land Use Permit accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s State of Alaska Marijuana Establishment License application that has been deemed completed by the Alaska Marijuana Control Board.
For more information on how to obtain a marijuana establishment license in the Municipality of Anchorage, please contact the Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office (AMCO).
Liquor Licenses - Action on Liquor Licenses by the Local Governing Body:
The Anchorage Assembly receives liquor license applications from the State of Alaska for premises located within the Municipality of Anchorage. The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board is then given a recommendation for non-objection or protest of the license from the Assembly based on specific criteria laid out in the Anchorage Municipal Code.
For more information on how to obtain or renew a liquor license in the Municipality of Anchorage, please contact the Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office (AMCO), formerly the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board.
Municipal Business Licenses:
You are not licensed to operate your business until you receive the actual license/permit.
2017 Renewal Information
- A renewal reminder postcard will be mailed to you one month in advance of the expiration date of your license/permit. During a lapse in renewal, your license/permit is considered invalid.
- You can mail in your renewal. Please include all required documentation, notarized application, and payment.
- You may file your renewal in-person at the Municipal Clerk's Office. While on business at City Hall, free parking is located in the parking lot behind the building. Enter the parking lot from 7th Avenue, between F and G streets.
- All applications must be notarized. Free notary service is available at the Municipal Clerk's Office.
- All businesses operating in the State of Alaska require a State of Alaska Business License.
- Additional Permitting and/or Licensing may be required by other municipal departments for businesses that operate in Anchorage.
When applying, please be prepared to provide:
1. Completed Application
2. Picture Identification
3. Cash, Check, or Credit Card Payment
4. Copy of State of Alaska Business License
5. Other Required Documentation Related to License/Permit