Notice to Tow Operators:
On August 5, 2014 the Anchorage Assembly adopted Anchorage Ordinance 2014-85, which implemented the first changes to include the following:
· Tow operators’ license renewal period changed from October 1 until December 31. You read that right, you got three extra months for free!
· Even though the renewal was extended to December 31, 2014, be aware that the changes specify that:
Renewal applications filed at least 30 days before expiration of the municipal license are timely. Applications filed less than 30 days before expiration of the towing operator's municipal license do not qualify for the temporary 60-day municipal license renewal under AMC section 10.10.030. See new AMC 10.54.040B.
What does this mean for you? Get your renewal application in to the Clerk’s Office prior to December 1, 2014 so you can take advantage of the 60 day grace period for application processing and avoid a lapse in operation!
· The fee for a tow operator’s license changed from a biennial (two-year) license to an annual license. AMC section 10.54.025. The license application fee is $150 for one commercial towing vehicle; the fee for each additional commercial towing vehicle is $20 each.
· The municipal license sticker must be displayed as required in AMC section 10.54.070.
· There is an increase in the fines for violation of the towing ordinance by operating without a municipal license or with an expired license. Those are now per day and per incident fines. See AMC section 14.60.030.
Additional Licensing Information:
- Application Fee: $150 (one sticker included)
- $20 each additional sticker
- Term: 1 Year through December 31st.
Provide the Following with your Application: