Tow Operator License
AO 2014-137(S), an ordinance of the anchorage municipal assembly amending anchorage municipal code chapters 9.54 and 10.54 to update and clarify regulation and licensing of tow operators; amending other provisions in titles 9 and 10 for implementation and enforcement purposes; and amending the civil fine schedule in anchorage municipal code section 14.60.030.
Notice to Tow Operators:
On August 5, 2014, the Anchorage Assembly adopted AO 2014-85, which implemented the first changes to AMC 10.54, including the following:
- The renewal period for Tow Operator Licenses changed from October 1 to December 31.
- Renewal Applications filed at least 30 days before expiration of the municipal license are timely. Renewal applications filed less than 30 days before expiration of the municipal license do not qualify for the temporary 60-day municipal license renewal under AMC section 10.10.030. (See new AMC 10.54.040B.) What does this mean for you? If you get your renewal application in to the Municipal Clerk’s Office prior to December 1, you can take advantage of the 60-day grace period for application processing and avoid a lapse in operation!
- The fee for a Tow Operator License has changed from a biennial (two-year) license to an annual license. (See new AMC 10.54.025.) The license application fee is $150 for one commercial towing vehicle and the fee for each additional commercial towing vehicle is $20 each.
- The municipal license sticker must be displayed as required in AMC 10.54.070.
- The fine for operating without a municipal license or with an expired license has increased. The fine is now accessed per day and per incident. (See new AMC 14.60.030.)
Additional Licensing Information:
- Application Fee: $150 (one sticker included)
- $20 each additional sticker
- Term: 1 Year through December 31st
Provide the following with your Application: