Type II - Roving Vendor/Ice Cream Truck License

Provide the following with your application:

Application  Must be notarized
Proof of Liability Insurance & Vehicle Insurance for each Vehicle

AMC 10.60.110 for Coverage Amounts

The Municipality of Anchorage must be listed as the certificate holder on the Certificate of Liability Insurance.

Proof of State Vehicle Registration for each vehicle  Required for each vehicle
Proof of Health Permits For unpackaged foods only 
State of Alaska Business License Must be current

Applicants for Ice Cream Truck License must also provide:

Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist Required for each vehicle
Copy of ASE Technician Certification with Receipt of Payment Obtained from technician who inspected the ice cream truck
State of Alaska Background Check (See Below) Required for all individuals who will operate the truck(s)

For State of Alaska Background Check:

  • Deliver or mail your application to the Department of Public Safety, 5700 E Tudor Road, Anchorage, AK 99507, (907) 269-5511.
  • Provide two forms of identification, one of which is government issued.
  • Include payment in the form of cash or a check only.

Important:  The State of Alaska Background Check must be faxed by the Department of Public Safety directly to the Municipal Clerk's Office.

How Can We Help You?

Roving Vendor/Ice Cream Truck License with Park Endorsement:

In order to operate within parks, you must have a park endorsement with your Roving Vendor License.

Term: 1 Year

Fee:  $300 Term

There may be some restrictions.  Please contact Parks and Recreation for more information.