Abbott Loop Community Park Pavilion
Anchorage Parks and Recreation

​​​Park and Facility Reservations​

​​​Need a venue for an event or special occasion? Anchorage Parks and Recreation has indoor and outdoor options to suit nearly any type of gathering.

​How To Obtain a Permit​​​

Permits for "first use" priority may be obtained via the department's online reservation system. Fees are assigned based upon the venue. Please note that some locations may require proof of insurance, particularly, if an alcohol waiver has also been applied for and received. Alcohol is prohibited in all municipal parks and facilities unless a valid alcoh​ol waiver​ is presented and displayed at the time of rental.

Reservation requests for indoor recreation facilities are made directly with each individual facillity. Requests may be made in-person or ​via email. Upon receipt of the application, facility managers will review and c​ontact the renter for additional instructions regarding their event. Full payment for a reservation must be made in order for a permit to be approved.

​​Reserving Recreation Facilities

​Anchorage Parks and Recreation manages two recreation centers, two outdoor centers, a golf course, a greenhouse, and a campground. You can reserve individual recreation facilities  online reservations are not available for these areas. To reserve a facility we encourage you to first contact the facility and ask about availability and rental options. After deciding what you want to reserve and making sure it's available you can download the r​eservation form and submit it in person or via email.

​​​Reservable Recreation Facilities​

Applicable Forms/Policies​

Reserving Picnic Pavilions

Park Shelter Booklet

Picnic shelters may reserved up to a year in advance via the Parks and Recreation online reservations system. Paid reservations include excl​usive use of the shelter, tables, benches, and, where applicable, a fireplace.

Picnic shelters may be booked in full day or half-day blocks of time.

Contact Info​

Benjamin Rausch
Permit/Camper Host Administrator