8400 Starview Dr.
Superintendent: Brad Cooke
Assistant Manager: Roger Besh
Office Hours 7:00a - 8:00p Monday - Sunday
May 26 - Sep 7, 2016
The Municipality of Anchorage offers rustic camping opportunities during the summer months at Centennial Campground. Find yourself surrounded by the forest right in the heart of Anchorage. Visit our historic log cabin office, toast some s'mores over the fire, and let us welcome you to Alaska.
Centennial Campground, located in Centennial Park, offers 88 camp sites; 21 RV only sites with electric (sites 1-21), 67 RV/tent sites without electricity, 2 group sites and 6 drive-through sites.
WiFi is available
Centennial Park is located less than 15 minutes from Downtown Anchorage and is close to hiking trails, bus lines, restaurants and other recreational activities.
New this year! You can reserve 14 RV campsites with electricity and 20 tent sites online at ActiveNet. Reservations will be accepted 180 days in advance and sites close for online reservations 5 days before the date of arrival. The remaining 54 sites are available on a first come first served basis.
- Camping - $25.00 per night / $35 per night w/electricity
- Picnic/Informal - Check with staff
- Wood - $6 per bundle
For the benefit of all campers we ask that patrons obey the following rules:
- The use of fireworks and firearms of any type are not allowed in city parks.
- Pets must be leashed or confined at all times and must not disturb other campers. Please clean up after your pet - doo your duty, scoop the poop.
- Do not keep food stored in your tent or outside in a cooler. Discard your garbage in the bear proof containers provided.
- Do not bother the wildlife. Don't put yourself, others, or them in jeopardy because of your actions.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots at all times. No more than two vehicles per campsite are allowed.
- Minimize noise or other disturbances in order to maintain the serenity of all parks. Quiet time begins at 10 pm.
Overnight camping is allowed, with a maximum stay of 14 days. Camping spots are on a first come first serve and reservation basis.
For more information call (907) 343-6986.
Return to top