Office Hours 10:30a - 8:00p Monday - Sunday
June 1 - Sep 7, 2020
Centennial Campground is open for the 2020 season by reservation only. Advanced reservations can be made online, day of reservations can be made by calling 343-6986. No walk-in camping will be allowed at this time. Day of reservations can be made until 7pm.
Our regular showers and bathroom are currently closed due to COVID-19 precautions. We're working to open them when possible. We have four regularly cleaned portable toilets for use at the campground.
The Municipality of Anchorage offers rustic camping opportunities during the summer months at Centennial Campground. Find yourself surrounded by the forest right in the heart of Anchorage. Visit our historic log cabin office, toast some s'mores over the fire, and let us welcome you to Alaska.
Centennial Campground, located in Centennial Park, offers 84 camp sites; 21 RV only sites with electric (sites 1-21), 20 RV only sites without electricity, 42 RV or Tent sites without electricity and 2 group sites.
WiFi is available
Centennial Park is located less than 15 minutes from Downtown Anchorage and is close to hiking trails, bus lines, restaurants and other recreational activities.
You can reserve online at ActiveNet. Reservations will be accepted 180 days in advance and sites close for online reservations 1 days before the date of arrival.
- Camping - $25.00 per night / $35 per night w/electricity
- Picnic/Informal - Check with staff
- Wood - $6 per bundle (when available)
For the benefit of all campers we ask that patrons obey the following rules:
- The use of fireworks and firearms of any type are not allowed in city parks.
- Pets must be leashed or confined at all times and must not disturb other campers. Please clean up after your pet - doo your duty, scoop the poop.
- Do not keep food stored in your tent or outside in a cooler. Discard your garbage in the bear proof containers provided.
- Do not bother the wildlife. Don't put yourself, others, or them in jeopardy because of your actions.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots at all times. No more than two vehicles per campsite are allowed.
- Minimize noise or other disturbances in order to maintain the serenity of all parks. Quiet time begins at 10 pm.
Overnight camping is allowed, with a maximum stay of 14 days. Camping spots are on a first come first serve and reservation basis.
For more information call (907) 343-6986.
Return to top