How Can We Help You?

Animal Care & Control

Licensing Your Animal Facility

The following special purpose licenses are required for people or facilities keeping animals within the municipality:

  • Animal Litter License:  A person who sells or reconveys not more than three litters of dogs and/or cats in a calendar year.  Each litter must be registered with the Animal Care and Control
  • Multi-Animal Facility License:  A person or facility with four or more dogs, four or more cats, four or more rabbits, four or more ferrets, four or more horses, or any combination of seven or more of the animals listed above.
  • Commercial Facility License:  A person or facility that boards or grooms dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, and/or horses for fees or services, or reconveys four or more dogs or cats in a calendar year, or breeds more than three litters of dogs and/or cats in a calendar year.  A pet store is a commercial facility.
  • Mushing Facility License: A person or facility, including a dwelling unit, residence, or business premise that owns, houses, possesses, or acts as custodian of four or more dogs over the age of four months, that have been trained to be harnessed and pull sleds, carts, vehicles with humans and/or cargo for the sport of mushing whether for recreation, competition or remuneration.

Download the Special Purpose License Application form here (PDF): Special Purpose License Application

Download Animal Waste Guidelines for facilities.

    • Animal Care & Control
    • Manager: Dr. Myra Wilson
    • 4711 Elmore Road, Anchorage, AK 99507
    • (907)343-8122