Notice: The next Regular Municipal Election will be conducted as ...
VOTE BY MAIL - Tuesday, April 3, 2018
IMPORTANT: Traditional polling locations are no longer an option for voting on Election Day!
Instead, registered voters will be mailed a ballot package about three weeks before Election Day. Within that time period, voters will have the opportunity to vote at a time and place convenient for them.
There are three ways to return a ballot:
- U.S. Postal Service - Mail your ballot return envelope using first-class postage and postmarked before or on Election Day. Or, save postage by using a ...
- Secure Ballot Drop Box - Place your ballot return envelope in a Secure Ballot Drop Box.
- Accessible Vote Center - Take your ballot return envelope to an Accessible Vote Center.
To find a Secure Drop Box or Accessible Vote Center location and hours near you, please use our Secure Ballot Drop Box and Accessible Vote Center Locations interactive map.
On December 8, 2015, the Anchorage Assembly approved AR 2015-314(S), a resolution directing the Municipal Clerk's Office to explore implementing a Vote by Mail election process beginning with the April 2018 regular election. And now, the Municipality of Anchorage has moved to a Vote by Mail election system, supplemented by accessible vote centers which will simplify and streamline the election process. The goal of the Vote by Mail system is to increase voter turnout, maximize voter protection, and safeguard community resources.
The Municipality of Anchorage is excited to help people understand the Vote by Mail system. The Municipal Clerk's Office has been working very hard to implement Vote by Mail and has trained members of its Stakeholders Group to give presentations about Vote by Mail to the public. If you are interested in having someone speak to your group, please fill out the form provided by the link to follow: Vote by Mail Group Presentation Request Form
Benefits of Vote by Mail elections:
- Keeps regular voters engaged.
- Encourages new voter participation.
- Centralizes and streamlines election administration.
- Increases transparency in the election process.
- Presents no partisan advantage.
- Protects voters' right to a secret ballot.
- Uses signature verification to arrest attempts at voting fraud.
- Uses technology to inform voters about the status of their ballot.
VOTE BY MAIL in the News!
Municipal Clerk's Office Press Releases and Other News ...