The next Regular Municipal Election will be conducted as ...
VOTE BY MAIL - Tuesday, April 3, 2018
On December 8, 2015, the Anchorage Assembly AR 2015-314(S), a resolution directing the Municipal Clerk's Office to explore implementing a Vote by Mail election process beginning with the April 2018 Regular Election. And now, the Municipality of Anchorage has moved to a Vote by Mail election system, supplemented by accessible voting centers, which will simplify and streamline the election process. The goal of the Vote by Mail system is to increase voter turnout, maximize voter protection, and safeguard community resources.
Benefits of Vote by Mail elections:
- Keeps regular voters engaged.
- Encourages new voter participation.
- Centralizes and streamlines election administration.
- Increases transparency in the election process.
- Presents no partisan advantage.
- Protects voters' right to a secret ballot.
- Uses signature verification to arrest attempts at voting fraud.
- Uses technology to inform voters about the status of their ballot.
VOTE BY MAIL in the News!
Municipal Clerk's Office Press Releases and Other News ...