Previously Owned Vehicles

If you have received a summons and complaint from our office on a vehicle that you no longer own, you should:

  • Follow all instructions listed on the summons;
  • Send a letter to our office indicating that you no longer have any interest in the vehicle.

    Once your letter is received by our office we will forward a “waiver of interest” to you for your signature. You will return the signed “waiver of interest” to us and we will file it with the court and dismiss our case against you. If you have an address for the person you sold the vehicle to, it would be helpful if you put that in your letter.