Anchorage Women's Commission
The Anchorage Women's Commission exists to advise the Mayor and Assembly on matters pertaining to the status of women.
The Commission shall be particularly concerned with improving opportunities for women in the community.
The Commission shall:
- Act as a clearinghouse and coordinating body for information related to the status of women.
- Disseminate results of research and other information on women's issues.
- Analyze and set priorities for women's needs at the local level.
- Recommend legislative and administrative action on women's issues.
- Encourage women to utilize their capabilities and to assume leadership roles.
- Act as a liaison between the state women's commission and local women.
The next meeting will be held Thursday, February 5th at 5:00 p.m. via Microsoft Teams and in person
Conference Room 423 at the Anchorage Health Department, 825 L Street 99501
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 907-519-0237,,320421559# United States, Anchorage
Phone Conference ID: 320 421 559#
There are nine seats on the Commission. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Assembly.
Terms are 3 years and commissioners may be reappointed for an additional 3 year term.
Jackie Cason, Chair
Sheri Lisenbee, Vice Chair
If you are interested in serving, please visit the Municipality website at:http://www.muni.org/Departments/Mayor/Boards/Pages/Howtoserve.aspx
Staff support for the Commission is provided by the Public Health Division at the Anchorage Health Department.
For more information, you may call 907-343-4244 or email Callista Troxell at