Special Municipal Election InformationThe Special Municipal Election will be on Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
- AR 2022-96 regarding the process to fill the new twelth Assembly Member seat and calling for a Special Election. To view the resolution, click HERE.
- After the adoption of a new Anchorage Assembly district boundary map through Reapportionment, the Assembly passed a resolution declaring the process to fill the new 12th seat, now known as Seat L, and hold a special mail-in/vote at home election to fill that seat on June 21, 2022. This election will apply only to the voters in District 1, the new North Anchorage District, which encompasses Downtown, South Addition, Government Hill, Mountain View, Fairview, Northstar and the northern parts of Spenard, Airport Heights, Russian Jack Park, East and Midtown Anchorage.
- To check what district you live in, visit the Assembly Districts map and type in your residence address into the search field in the upper left corner of the map. You can view the map by clicking HERE.
- Filing for Office for the June 21, 2022 Special Municipal Election will open on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. and will close on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- For a list of candidates, please visit our Candidate Information page by clicking HERE.
Temporary Address Applications
For the June 21, 2022 Special Municipal Election, ballot packages will be mailed to qualified Anchorage voters on May 31, 2022. To receive your ballot package at an address other than your Voter Registration mailing address, please fill out an Application to Vote at a Temporary Address.
The Special Municipal Election will be on Tuesday, June 21, 2022. The last day to register to vote or update your voter registration is Sunday, May 22, 2022, 30 days before the next regular municipal election. Traditional polling places will not be open and are not an option for voting on Election Day. Regular municipal elections are held in April and are Vote at Home elections as well.
Ranked choice voting (statewide Ballot Measure 2) was approved by Alaska voters in the November 30, 2020 State of Alaska General Election. Ballot Measure 2 and ranked choice voting does not apply to the Municipality of Anchorage and the upcoming June 21, 2022 Special Municipal Election.
It is important for your address information in the voter registration database to be current. The Municipality of Anchorage receives voter registration information from the State of Alaska, Division of Elections. In order to update your voter registration information or to be removed from the registration records, voters should contact the state Division of Elections at voterregistration.alaska.gov, (907) 522-8683, or email@example.com.
The official results of past elections are available on the Results and History page.
For the Municipal Clerk's Office and Municipal Election Press Releases, please click HERE.Ballot Processing Schedule
For the updated Regular Municipal Election MOA Election Center ballot processing schedule, click HERE.
- If you wish to be an observer, contact the campaign for a complete list of forms and training needed.
- Election Center Tour Schedule
- Please call our Voter Hotline to schedule your tour today! 907-243-8683 (VOTE)
- Observer Handbook
Browse our selection of downloadable materials on our Promotional Materials page, by clicking HERE!
Amendments to Title 28, Elections Code, December 28, 2021
AO 2021-110(S), As Amended was approved by the Assembly on December 28, 2021, and includes amendments to Title 28, the municipal code section governing elections. The Assembly held public hearings on this ordinance on Tuesday, December 14, and Tuesday, December 21. The following document includes conforming amendments to the AO and Observer Manual authorized by AO 2021-110(S), As Amended, which was approved by the Assembly on January 25, 2022.
AO 2021-110(S) An ordinance amending Title 28, Elections
Attachments: Observer's Handbook V2.1; Explanatory "Crosswalk" of Proposed Changes; Amendments approved on December 21, 2021
State of Alaska Elections
For information on State of Alaska primary and general elections which are held, respectively, in August and November of even numbered years or the State's June special election, please visit the SOA Division of Elections webpage: www.elections.alaska.gov.
MOA Elections Vision: Increase voter turnout by engaging with the community in fair, accurate, and transparent elections. Ver. 1.0
MOA Elections Mission: We believe in fair, accurate, and accessible elections. In order to increase voter turnout, we serve and educate the community. By building and sustaining our relationships with voters, election workers, and others, we work to increase public participation in the democratic process of local government. Ver. 1.0