There will be no AnchorRIDES service Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24. All offices will be closed.
AnchorRIDES will operate a normal weekday service schedule Friday, November 25. Offices will remain closed, and re-open for normal business hours Monday, November 28.
AnchorRIDES is the Anchorage Coordinated Paratransit System providing accessible Dial-A-Ride transportation for eligible persons through pre-scheduled trip reservations for local, state and non-profit organizations.
AnchorRIDES Quick Reference Guide
AnchorRIDES Application Process
Effective November 10th, 2016
1. Answer ALL questions to the best of your ability. Incomplete and/or unsigned applications WILL result in the application being returned to you. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE.
2. Complete the medical release form on the last page of the application. This medical release is not a request for medical records or a requirement of your health care provider to sign. Its intent is to obtain verification of disability and functional ability.
3. Submit your completed application and medical release to the Eligibility Office at:
AnchorRIDES Eligibility Office
3600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99507-1222
You may also submit your application via:
4. After your application has been reviewed, a verification of disability and functional abilities form will be sent to the professional listed on your signed medical release.*
5. Upon receipt of this form and any other additional documentation from your healthcare provider, an eligibility determination will be made. You will be notified of your eligibility via U.S. postal mail.
*Due to the transition of relocating the AnchorRIDES Eligibility Office and establishing a new Transportation Skills Assessment Center, in-person eligibility assessments will temporarily be suspended.
If you have any additional questions regarding the eligibility process or require assistance in completing the application, please contact the AnchorRIDES eligibility office at 907.343.7433.
Eagle River Connect
Using accessible AnchorRIDES vehicles, Eagle River Connect provides deviated fixed route transportation for the general public on weekdays both within Eagle River/Chugiak and to/from East Anchorage.
AnchorRIDES and Eagle River Connect are provided under municipal contract by MV Transportation, Inc. and as a HCB Medicaid Waiver provider for the State of Alaska, Division of Senior and Disability Services. The staff and drivers of AnchorRIDES are qualified and trained to provide safe and professional transportation for Anchorage residents and visitors. Welcome aboard!