Tuesday, September 9, 2014 : The AnchorRIDES phone system is experiencing technical difficulties with the on-hold queue function. The MOA IT Helpdesk has been notified of the problem and are working on it.
If you are unable to get through to AnchorRIDES, please call the Voicemail/Cancel Line at 343-2548. Leave your name, phone number, and purpose of call. An AnchorRIDES staff will call you back.
Senior Transportation Policy Change
Effective Monday, July 21, 2014:
- All seniors age 60 and over, may travel to medical, health care or pharmacy locations under the Senior Grant program. This is an important change as there are differences between ADA and Senior programs:The Senior Grant program does not require a fare, but donations are accepted;
- Trips booked under the senior grant program are subject to available funding. There may be denials based on capacity or funding;
- Senior Program trip requests are not subject to requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
MV-1 Added to Fleet
Fourteen MV-1 accessible vehicles have arrived for use in the AnchorRIDES fleet. These vehicles are designed and built specifically for use in paratransit service delivery. Anchorage is the first in Alaska to utilize these vehicles.
Features included improved maneuverability, better fuel economy, increased passenger comfort and easier wheelchair securement. These vehicles were purchased with a combination of funding from the FTA and the Alaska Mental Health Trust.
AnchorRIDES Senior Transportation Program
Effective May 5, 2014
- Expanded service hours include earlier pick-up times, later drop-off times and weekends.
- Trips may be booked to any location witin the Core or Premium service areas.
- Donations requested, but not required, for senior trips to and from medical, health care and pharmacy locations.
- Fares are required for all other locations.
$3.50 Core Area/$5.50 Premium Area
Click here for more information.
Title VI - Non Discrimination
The MOA Public Transportation Department (PTD) assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, as provided by the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
More information on PTD's Title VI Program can be found here.