Alerts are available on the National Weather site at http://www.weather.gov/
Know who to call:
- If you have a medical or life-threatening emergency call 9-1-1.
- For information on emergency conditions call the Anchorage Conditions Line at 343-4701.
- If you are calling to report a power outage:
- Chugach Electric: 762-7888
- ML&P: 279-7671
- MEA: 696-7697
- If you need immediate sheltering assistance, please call the American Red Cross of Alaska at 646-5401
- For social service referral during normal business hours or for information during emergency response operations, call 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221.
- Seniors and disabled who need assistance information may call the Department of Health and Human Services Aging & Disability Resource Center at 1-877-625-2372 or click here
- To determine property ownership for overhanging trees on public property, call MOA Code Enforcement at 343-4141 during normal business hours. If there is an emergency issue with an overhanging tree on public property after hours, call 9-1-1.
Power Outage Safety
The following are important points to remember when driving in flood conditions:
- Six inches of water will reach the bottom of most passenger cars causing loss of control and possible stalling.
- A foot of water will float many vehicles
- Two feet of rushing water can carry away most vehicles including sport utility vehicles (SUV’s) and pick-ups.
- Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road. The depth of water is not always obvious. The road bed may be washed out under the water, and you could be stranded or trapped.
- Do not drive around a barricade. Barricades are there for your protection. Turn around and go the other way.
- Be especially cautious driving at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers.
Related Press Releases:
Food Safety During a Power Outage
Helpful Information and How to Prepare
Improper Electrical Generator Use Can be Deadly
Requirements for Food Establishments During a Power Outage
Public Transit Monitoring During Windstorm
Removal of Downed Trees on Personal Property That Came from MOA Property or Right of Way