MOA Elections and BallotTrax have partnered to provide ballot tracking!
Voters can sign up at
anchoragevotes.com to get text, email, or voicemail alerts when their ballot package or return ballot envelope reaches various points in the election process. For example, a voter will receive an alert when their ballot package has been mailed, or when their ballot return envelope is received by MOA Elections.
Ballot tracking gives voters confidence in the election by helping them know where their ballot is at all times, sending an alert if there is a problem with their ballot for quick resolution, and sending an alert that their ballot has been accepted and is being counted.
Signing up is easy!
- Go to
- Enter your first and last name (as it appears on your voter registration card), your year of birth, and your residential zip code.
- On the right side, select your contact preferences.
Do you want to receive alerts by email, by text, or by voicemail? You can chose more than one option.
Provide your email address, cell phone number, or other phone number as necessary based on your selection.
- Set the time period for notifications to ensure you do not receive an alert in the middle of the night. The default time period is 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
You can change these selections at any time by logging in again (Step 2 above).
If you don't wish to receive alerts but want to check the status of your ballot, you can log in (Step 2 above) and see your ballot status without signing up for alerts.
You will receive alerts in the manner you selected (email, text, voicemail) when:
- Your ballot package is mailed to you.
- Your ballot return envelope is mailed back to MOA Elections through USPS.
- MOA Elections receives your ballot return envelope, through the mail, or from a secure drop box or vote center.
- The signature on your ballot return envelope is determined to match the reference signature(s) on file from the State of Alaska Voter Registration Database and your ballot has been accepted and is being counted; OR
- There was a problem with the signature on your ballot return envelope and further action must be taken in order for your vote to be counted.