To protect life and property and to ensure the safety, health and welfare of the citizens of Anchorage.
Current operational status: Normal
EOC Levels of Operations defined
The National Weather Service has issued a
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW THAT REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM AKDT SATURDAY...
* SNOW...2 TO 6 INCHES. HIGHEST AMOUNTS AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
* TIMING...RAIN AND SNOW WILL CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW BY THIS EVENING.
*SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS EARLY SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...TRAVEL WILL BE DIFFICULT. VISIBILITIES MAY BE LIMITED IN HEAVY SNOWFALL.
Upcoming Events & New Items:
- There are still openings in the 2013 CPR/First Aid classes. Click here for more information and to register for a class.
- The 2013 Brown Bag Lunch Seminar Series schedule has been released. Check out the great seminars coming up next year!
- New volunteer program: FANS Team (Functional & Access Needs Support Team)