Merrill Field Airport (MRI) has developed a new lease package to provide you with necessary information in making lease decisions. The newly revised lease incorporates new language that reflects MRI’s current policy in multiple sections, including, Section 1.5 Rate Adjustments and Section 4.3 Insurance. Click below to open the lease template.
Aircraft and Vehicle Permit Information
Permanent Parking Rates
|Vehicle - 20 ft
|Vehicle - 40 ft
All vehicle and permanent aircraft parking permits are billed on a quarterly basis. Invoices are mailed on the 15th of the month preceding the new quarter (December, March, June, and September). Payment is due on the 1st day of the first month of the quarter (January, April, July and October).
If payment is not received by the 10th day of the first month, delinquent notices are sent. On the 1st day of the second month of the quarter (February, May, August and November), the plane/vehicle will be impounded if payment still has not been received.
If you no longer need your permanent parking space, please notify our office. If you cancel the permit before the end of the quarter, a pro-rated refund will be issued for the remaining days in the quarter.
Transient Parking Rates
Transient Aircraft Parking Locations
Merrill Field Airport amenities now include five transient aircraft parking aprons. To provide a sense of uniformity with the adjoining taxiways and to easily identify the apron locations, the transient parking apron names are as follows:
- Alpha Transient (9 spaces); located at the base of the ATCT. Register and pay at the new Pilot Shelter located at the east end of transient apron.
- Charlie Transient (17 spaces); located south of the Airport Administration Office. Register and pay in the lobby of the Administration Office (old control tower).
- Campground Transient (15 spaces); located east end of Taxiway Quebec. Register and pay at the Pilot Shelter located at the north end of transient apron.
- Quebec Transient (6 spaces); located south of the intersection of T/W G and T/W Q (at the east end of Quebec 3 parking apron along the vehicle parking fence line). Register and pay in the lobby of the Administration Office.
- Whiskey Transient (5 spaces); located at the Gravel/Ski Runway along the south side of Whiskey Apron. Register and pay at the Pilot Shelter located at the east end of the vehicle parking lot (west end of transient apron).
Please become familiar with the transient apron locations, and use the appropriate name when communicating with ground control.
Short-Term Vehicle Parking Locations
Transient vehicle parking is available at four (4) locations.
- Airport Manager's Office; located in the parking area just east of the Manager's Office, 800 Merrill Field Drive. Register and pay in the Manager's Office lobby.
- Alpha Vehicle Parking; located near Alpha transient at the base of the ATCT. Register and pay at the new Pilot Shelter located at the east end of transient apron.
- Central Parking; located on the south side of Merrill Field Drive just west of Taxiway Golf. Register and pay in the lobby of the Airport Manager's Office, 800 Merrill Field Drive.
- South Parking: located south of the Quebec Taxiway on the east side Merrill Field Drive, just across the street from Dena'ina Air Taxi. Register and pay in the lobby of the Airport Manager's Office, 800 Merrill Field Drive.