Update - March 13, 2019
Private Streets and Residential Driveways
The public review draft of Anchorage 2040 LUP Action 4-6 is available for public review. Below is the link to view the project page.
Private Streets and Residential Driveways Project Page
Compatible-Scale Infill Housing (R-2 Zones) Project
The Public Hearing Draft R-2 Districts Amendment was before the Planning and Zoning Commission on March 4. Below is the link to the project page to view the document and PZC Case No. 2019-0009 packet information.
Compatible-scale Infill Housing (R-2 Zones) Project Page
2040 Implementation Projects
The Anchorage 2040 Land Use Plan shows the near-term actions to take in order to achieve the housing, neighborhoods, and mixed-use centers envisioned in the plan. Below are current and upcoming projects, with participation opportunities, to carry out some of the 2040 actions listed on page 96 of the Plan. These projects make changes to Anchorage's development regulations for housing and mixed-use:
- PARKING REDUCTIONS BY-RIGHT: This project streamlines approvals for a reduced number of parking spaces for housing developments, and creates some additional reductions. (carries out 2040 Action 4-3)
- COMPATIBLE-SCALE INFILL HOUSING: This project proposed to delete a 2.5-story building requirement in the R-2M zone and replacing it with a building envelope (FAR) standard to address building bulk and scale. (Action 4-4)
- ADDITIONAL HOUSING BY DESIGN: This project amends development regulations to create more compact infill housing opportunities, in the R-3 and R-2M zones. It includes allowing one or two more units on some lots, subject to neighborhood compatibility standards. (Action 4-4)
- PRIVATE STREETS AND RESIDENTIAL DRIVEWAYS: This project is intended to create clarity in the decision-making process when determining whether a driveway or private street is required for new developments. (Action 4-6) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT: This project simplifies regulations for residential mixed-use projects in the commercial zones and in the R-4A district. It also revises the existing CCO overlay zone to better implement designated Town Centers. (Actions 3-1 and 3-5)
- REINVESTMENT FOCUS AREAS (RFAs): This project establishes an RFA selection procedure, with approval by the Anchorage Assembly and new incentives for reinvestment in RFAs. Also, it initiates the first RFA, potentially in Spenard/Midtown. (Actions 2-2 and 2-3)
Other 2040 actions may be taken by other agencies, such as transportation plans and investments by AMATS.
Bookmark this page and participate in these upcoming 2040 LUP implementation projects
.Return to the main department page.