Date & Time: November 15 & 16
Panel Topics and Presenters
Panel 1: Creating a World-Class Educational System
This panel will discuss what it means to be a world-class educational system. The panel will consider how Anchorage compares to other parts of the US and internationally, including special attention to the Finnish system and what is behind their consistently excellent outcomes.
Panel 2: Ensuring All Children Learn to the Best of their Ability
This panel will discuss elements that are essential to encourage the best outcomes for every child, including:
- Curriculum and what should be taught;
- Technology as a tool for individualized learning; and
- Assessment of both teachers and students.
Panel 3: Alternatives to Traditional Education
- Dr. Mike Feinberg, Co-Founder of the Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP) and Superintendent of KIPP Houston
- Dr. Stuart Butler, Distinguished Fellow and Director, Center for Policy Innovation, Heritage Foundation Dr. Stuart Butler, Distinguished Fellow and Director, Center for Policy Innovation, Heritage Foundation
- Dr. Patrick Wolf, 21st Century Endowed Chair in School Choice, Department of Education Reform, University of Arkansas
The third panel will explore charter schools, school choice and other alternatives to traditional education in the US, including alternative testing and teacher preparation methods. And it will review data on the success of charter and alternative schools and the implications of that data.
Here you will find the PowerPoint Presentations given by Panelists at the November Summit.