Anchorage Wood Lot
The Anchorage wood lot is open for the 2014 season through August 31, 2014. Hours of operation are 10AM to 6PM Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The Anchorage wood lot is operated by Alaska Hydro-Ax Land Clearing, their website is http://www.alaskahydroak.net/. The lot is located at the MOA Snow Dump Site west of 100th Ave and C Street (across from Target). There is a fee charged to use this wood lot; $15.00 per pickup load of brush and logs, $25.00 for stumps.
Eagle River Wood Lot
The Eagle River wood lot is open for the 2014 season through August 30, 2014. Hours of operation are 8AM to 5PM Friday and Saturday. It is operated by the Anchorage Fire Department (AFD) and Solid Waste Services (SWS) and is located at the Anchorage Regional Landfill just off Hiland Rd. Please follow all Solid Waste Services guidelines for covering and securing loads. Also, when bringing woody material to ARL, you must deliver this load separately from any trash, otherwise SWS will charge you per ton. You must sign in with the attendant. Maximum length is 6 feet, no diameter limit. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Girdwood Wood Lot
The Girdwood wood lot is open for the 2014 season through August 30, 2014. Hours of operation are 9AM to 6PM Saturdays only. It is operated by the Anchorage Fire Department (AFD). The site is located at the Industrial Park on Ruane Road (en route to the transfer station). Please secure your load. You must sign in with the attendant. Maximum size of material: 6 ft in length, 8 inches in diameter. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Rules for the Eagle River & Girdwood Wood Lots:
- All wood must be secured - no loose material allowed.
- Wood must be cut in 6 foot or less lengths.
- Brush and woody debris from the clearing of defensible space from wildfire only. No lot clearing.
- Please make a separate trip for garbage & recycling! Mixed loads (garbage, recycling, woodlot) will be charged for dumping.
- No flatbed or dump style commercial vehicles allowed at woodlot.
- Do not gather firewood at the AFD/SWS woodlots. Scavenging is not allowed.
- Residential loads only.
- Trailers may be used by private residential customers.
- No stumps, garbage, lumber or construction materials.