Anchorage Wood Lot
The Anchorage wood lot is currently closed. The Anchorage wood lot is operated by the Anchorage Soil & Water Conservation District . The lot is located at the South Anchorage Sports Park near Klatt and C Street. There is a fee charged to use this wood lot. Commercial loads are accepted. Visit http://www.aswcd.org/ for more information. Firewood may be taken free of charge and free mulch is available.
Eagle River Wood Lot
The Eagle River wood lot is currently closed for the season. It is operated by the Anchorage Fire Department (AFD) and Solid Waste Services (SWS) and is located at the Anchorage Regional Landfill just off Hiland Rd. Please follow all Solid Waste Services guidelines for covering and securing loads. Also, when bringing woody material to ARL, you must deliver this load separately from any trash, otherwise SWS will charge you per ton. You must sign in with the attendant. Maximum length is 6 feet, no diameter limit. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Girdwood Wood Lot
The Girdwood wood lot is currently closed for the season. It is operated by the Anchorage Fire Department (AFD) and Solid Waste Services (SWS). The site is located at the Industrial Park on Ruane Road (en route to the transfer station). Please secure your load. You must sign in with the attendant. Maximum size of material: 6 ft in length, 8 inches in diameter. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Rules for the Eagle River & Girdwood Wood Lots:
- All wood must be secured - no loose material allowed.
- Wood must be cut in 6 foot or less lengths.
- Brush and woody debris from the clearing of defensible space from wildfire only. No lot clearing.
- Please make a separate trip for garbage & recycling! Mixed loads (garbage, recycling, woodlot) will be charged for dumping.
- No flatbed or dump style commercial vehicles allowed at woodlot.
- Do not gather firewood at the AFD/SWS woodlots. Scavenging is not allowed.
- Residential loads only.
- Trailers may be used by private residential customers.
- No stumps, garbage, lumber or construction materials.