Quick Link to Wood Lots Informational Grid!
Anchorage Wood Lot
The Anchorage wood lot is located at 100th Avenue & C Stret and will open for the 2015 season on May 1st. Hours of operation will be 10AM-6PM 7 days a week, including holidays. The following fees will apply:
$15 for standard pick-up loads (up to 5 cu yards)
$30 for large trucks, trailers (5-10 cu yards)
$3/cu yard for material over 10 cu yards
Please contact the operator, selected through the MOA bidding process, with any questions:
Alaska Land Clearing Contractors, LLC
Free mulch is available for pick-up during open hours
Eagle River Wood Lot
The Eagle River wood lot is open for the 2015 season through September 7, 2015. Hours of operation are 8AM to 5PM Friday and Saturday. It is operated by the Solid Waste Services Department (SWS) and is located at the Anchorage Regional Landfill just off Hiland Rd. Please follow all Solid Waste Services guidelines for covering and securing loads. Also, when bringing woody material to ARL, you must deliver this load separately from any trash, otherwise your load will be subject to regular tonnage fees. You must sign in with the attendant on site at the Woodlot. Maximum length is 6 feet, no diameter limit. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Girdwood Wood Lot
The Girdwood wood lot is open for the 2015 season starting on Saturday May 2nd. Hours of operation are 9AM to 6PM Saturdays only. The Girdwood lot is closed on Saturday July 4th. It is privately operated. The site is located at the Industrial Park on Ruane Road (en route to the transfer station). Please secure your load. You must sign in with the attendant on site. Maximum size of material: 6 ft in length, 8 inches in diameter. This wood lot is free of charge for residents.
Rules for the Eagle River & Girdwood Wood Lots:
- All wood must be secured - no loose material allowed.
- Wood must be cut in 6 foot or less lengths.
- Brush and woody debris from the clearing of defensible space from wildfire only. No lot clearing.
- Please make a separate trip for garbage & recycling! Mixed loads (garbage, recycling, woodlot) will be charged for dumping.
- No flatbed or dump style commercial vehicles allowed at woodlot.
- Do not gather firewood at the AFD/SWS woodlots. Scavenging is not allowed.
- Residential loads only.
- Trailers may be used by private residential customers.
- No stumps, garbage, lumber or construction materials.