New Tech for the New Year!
Don't miss this transfer.
People Mover is FINALLY switching to new technology this fall! During this shift, real-time information will be unavailable, but Text-a-Stop (907.312.2060) and Google Maps will still display scheduled arrival time information.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during the transition.
During the switch, riders can still:
- Plan trips using Google Maps
- Buy bus passes on the People Mover mTicket app
- Find the nearest bus stops using Text-a-Stop (907.312.2060)
- Get automated schedule and route information by calling 907.343.6543, option 1
Once the conversion is complete, Text-a-Stop (907.312.2060) will no longer be supported, but riders will have a new app and website for real-time bus tracking and service alerts.
The new technology will allow riders to:
- Get more accurate arrival time information
- Subscribe to text/email alerts so you know where your bus is and when it will arrive
- Customize detour alerts and notices of service interruptions
- Personalize alerts to show only your preferred routes
- Reduce bus stop waiting time, so you can spend your time doing what's important to you!
Riders can expect to use the new app and website in the new year 2023.
- Reliable real-time bus tracking - Google Maps bus locations will be updated every 5 seconds
- New signs at select bus stops
- In-app trip planning and access to People Mover mTicket (mobile ticketing)
- New SMS text number for real-time bus tracking
- In-bus digital message boards