Administrative Support Section
The Administrative Support Section provides information, document generation, and records management for all divisions within the Public Works Department, a major part of which is related to delivery of capital improvement projects. Other specific goals/responsibilities include:
- Preparation of correspondence and contract documents.
- Front-line customer service for those calling Public Works and those visiting the department with questions or on business.
- Development and maintenance of Public Works electronic and paper filing systems.
- Present capital improvement projects to the public.
Financial Support Section
The Financial Support Section provides accountability for budgeting and expenditures within Public Works, a major part of which is related to the delivery of capital improvement projects. Other specific goals/responsibilities include:
- Preparation of annual operating budgets and tracking expenditures for all divisions within Public Works.
- Tracking project expenditures in accordance with established accounting standards.
- Development and maintenance of a capital project asset inventory as required by GASB 34.