Alaska Runners Calendar
The 2014 Alaska Runners Calendar (full version) (text only) is out. Thank you to everyone who made the 2014 calendar happen.
Look for race changes that happen throughout the year at the bottom of this page.
The Alaska Runners Calendar is a collective effort between Parks & Recreation and various cities throughout Alaska to put together a publication informing sports enthusiasts from all walks of life and all ages and abilities (or those just wanting to get out for some exercise), the multitude of running/walking events that are held throughout the year.
Parks & Recreation hosts the annual Alaska Runners Calendar meeting the second Wednesday in November, 6-8pm, every year at Selkregg Chalet, 1600 Lidia Selkregg Lane, located in Russian Jack Springs Park. It gives old and new race organizers a chance to meet each other, resolve potential race date conflicts, find out upcoming construction or information that may affect race routes, and most importantly, vote on the cover of the next years Runners Calendar. It is open to anyone interested in attending. You don't have to be a race organizer to come. Refreshments are even provided.
Event listings are due the first Monday in December and ads are due December 15, along with payment. Earlier is better as the goal is to get the runners calendar out as soon as possible and that can only happen if deadlines are met.
Not a runner, then consider volunteering since the majority of races are run by volunteers. One can never have too many volunteers and I'm sure all race organizers would appreciate the additional help.
Check periodically throughout the year for race changes listed at the bottom.
Want to know how to get your own calendars to distribute? Become an advertiser (advertising must relate somehow to the content of the calendar), Other then Parks & Recreation facilities, advertisers are the only places you can find the runners calendars. Look for runners' calendars in any of the locations listed below, or send in your request , with payment, and have it mailed to you (Attn: Runners Calendar, PO Box 196650, Anchorage, AK 99519):
(You should probably call business' listed below to make sure they have calendars in stock before making a trip)
- AA Spine & Pain Clinic, 4100 Lake Otis Pkway Ste 208 & 216
- Anchorage Parks & Recreation, 630 W 6th Avenue, Ste 630 (City Hall)
- Anchorage Running Club
- Arthritis Foundation, 615 E 82nd Avenue Ste 104
- Arctic Orienteering Club
- Fairview Recreation Center ,1121 E 10th Avenue
- GAI, 400 D Street, Ste 110
- Kincaid Outdoor Center, 9401 Raspberry Road
- Providence Imaging Center, 3340 Providence Drive
- Real Estate Brokers of AK, Heidi Clement, 3300 C Street #200
- Rebound Physical Therapy ,11260 Old Seward Highway 0r 1251 Muldoon Road, Suite 157
- Selkregg Chalet ,1600 Lidia Selkregg Lane
- Skinny Raven Sports, 800 H Street or 2727 W Dimond Blvd
- Spenard Recreation Center, 2020 W 48th Avenue
- Stellar Designs, 6340 Petersburg Street
- The Sport Shop, 570 E Benson (Metro Mall)
- Valley Women's Running Team, Palmer
- Alaska SeaLife Center, Seward, AK
- Alyeska Resort, Girdwood, AK
- Seward Parks & Recreation ,Seward, AK
- Bionic Chiropractic, 108 E Arctic Avenue, Palmer, AK
- Active Soles, 642 S Alaska Street, Ste 100, Palmer, AK
- LeeShore Center, 325 S Spruce Street, Kenai, AK
- Running Club North, Fairbanks, AK
- Heart Reach Center, 924 Leatherleaf Loop, Wasilla, AK
- Chugiak-Eagle RIver Sr Center, 22424 Birchwood Loop Rd, Chugiak, AK
- Valley Women's Running Team, Palmer, AK
Race event forms are available for download or fill it out on-line and mail it in with your payment. The cost of publishing an event in the calendar is $7.50/listing or $50/multiple. If you wish to place an ad, the prices for the 2015 Runners Calendar are as follows:
- Half page ad (3-1/2"h x 3-1/2"w) --- $200 (Advertiser receives up to 100 calendars)
- Full page ad (7-1/2"h x 3-1/2"w) --- $350 (Advertiser receives up to 200 calendars)
- Full page ad (Center Fold) 7-1/2"h x 3-1/2"w --- $400 (Advertiser receives up to 200 calendars)
- Full page ad (Inside Front/Back Cover) 7-1/2"h x 3-1/2"w --- $500 (Advertiser receives up to 200 calendars)
- Business card size ad (2”h x 3-12”w) – $120 (Advertiser receives 30 calendars)
Race event forms are due the first Monday in December to be included into the 2015 Runners Calendar. Camera ready ads in JPEG , GIF, Publisher, Word, Indesign or PDF format, are due December 15. Please submit payment, made payable to MOA, with your form(s)/ad(s) and send to the address below or you can drop your information off and make payment at City Hall, 632 W 6th Avenue, Suite 630. If you are interested in obtaining a hard copy of the 2014 Alaska Runners Calendar, send a check (made payable to MOA) in the amount you think the calendar is worth, to:
- Anchorage Parks & Recreation
- Attn: Alaska Runners Calendar
- P.O. Box 196650
- Anchorage, AK 99519-6650
Upon receipt of your check, and once calendars have been published, a calendar will be promptly mailed out.
If you are a new race organizer and you wish to be notified of the November Runners Calendar meeting, or there is updated information on an existing race, or you have questions, concerns or suggestions about the calendar in general, or are interested in advertising in the calendar, please contact staff at email@example.com.
2014 Runners Calendar changes/errors/additions/deletions:
July 5 - Jingle in July - North Pole, date change - originally scheduled for July 19. Visit the website at http://www.jingleinjuly.com/ for further details.
September 20 - Houston Half Marathon & Relay- Houston, date change - originally scheduled for August 30. Visit the website at http://www.thehoustonhalf.com/ for further details.
October 18 - Zombie Half Marathon- Anchorage, date change - originally scheduled for October 11. Visit the website at www.anchoragerunningclub.org/zombie.html for further details.
October 18 - Kids Zombie Mini 2.5K- Anchorage, date change - originally scheduled for October 11. Visit the website at www.anchoragerunningclub.org/zombie.html for further details.
Return to top