How Can We Help You?

moose run fall colors - Troy Swanson 2008 

Current Planning

What We Do

We can provide guidance when you subdivide land, replat parcels, rezone land, apply for zoning variances, alcohol administrative reviews and conditional use permits, or address neighborhood zoning complaints.  We administer the Municipality's land use and subdivision regulations, implement comprehensive land-use plans, and also update "Title 21" - the land use section of the Anchorage Municipal Code.  We staff the Planning and Zoning Commission, Platting Board, Zoning Board of Examiners and Appeals, and the Urban Design Commission.

Featured Services 

Zoning and Platting Cases Online

Check out and comment on zoning and platting activity within your neighborhood!  View active cases and maps by community council.

Self Help Topics

Do you have a question or need to know how a specific planning process works?  These self help guides provide answers on many zoning and platting processes.

File a Zoning Complaint

Helpful information about filing a zoning complaint with the Development Services Department.


    • Current Planning
    • Section Supervisor: Erika McConnell
    • 4700 Elmore Road, Anchorage, AK 99507
    • 907 343-7943

Community Development Divisions