Note: MOA has implemented new vitual protocols for communication with the public and advisory groups. Until further notice, MAAAC meetings will be conducted using MOA's online WebEx platform. See the MAAAC link for more details.
Merrill Field is a Commercial Service airport. Merrill Field was established in 1930 one mile east of downtown Anchorage on 436 acres. This was the first real airport in Anchorage. The airport bears the name of Russel Hyde Merrill. Russel Merrill was an early Alaskan aviation pioneer who disappeared in September 1929 on a flight to Bethel. The first aviation beacon in the Territory of Alaska was located at Merrill Field and was dedicated on September 25, 1932 to the honor of Russ Merrill.
MRI (PAMR) -- N61°12.86' by W149° 50.77'
"370 miles South of the Arctic Circle"
- Provide an environment that meets the needs of the general aviation community
- Encourage private business
- Promote economic development
- Maintain a viable financial position and
- Be a good neighbor within our community.
Merrill Field Frequencies
- ATIS 124.25
- ASOS (907) 272-0542
- Clearance Delivery -- 121.70
- Tower Primary (CTAF) 126.00
- Ground Control -- 121.70
- Tower Secondary 127.55 use only when directed
Approach / Departure Control
North: 119.10 -- South: 126.40
Control Tower Information
- ATCT Manager: (907) 271-2698
- 122.55 -- 122.30 -- 122.20
- (866) 864-1737 -- (800) WX-BRIEF