How Can We Help You?


Municipal Public Notices

NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING: Resolution No. AR 2014-192 

Category: Public Hearing
Department: Assembly
Starts: 8/26/2014 6:00 PM 
Ends: 8/26/2014 11:00 PM 
Event Information:  

NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING: 

The Assembly of the Municipality of Anchorage will hold a public hearing on the following resolution at its regular meeting of August 26, 2014.  The public hearing portion of the meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. and is held in the Assembly Chambers, Z.J. Loussac Library, 3600 Denali: 

Resolution No. AR 2014-192, a resolution confirming and levying special assessments for Special Assessment District 06-20, which constructed street improvements to B Street between 40th Avenue and Tudor Road, and setting the date of assessment installment payments, interest on unpaid assessments, and providing for penalties and interest in the event of delinquency, Public Works Department. 

SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICT B STREET RECONSTRUCTION RID 40TH AVE – TUDOR RD  

INDUSTRIAL PARK 4000 BLOCK B LOTS 1, 2, 3A, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 

INDUSTRIAL PARK 4000 BLOCK A LOTS 1A, 2, 3A, 6A, 8A 

On August 15, 2006, the Assembly approved AO 2006-102 creating special assessment district 6-20 for road improvements to B Street between 40th Avenue and Tudor Road ,  This ordinance specified that 90% of the costs of the road improvements would be paid by the Municipality and the remaining 10% would be paid by benefitting property owners through special assessments.  The property owners separately voted to construct some aesthetic improvements for which they agreed to pay 70%, with the Municipality contributing the other 30%.  This resolution confirms and levies individual assessments totaling $165,000.00 for the road improvements and $33,485.59 for the aesthetic improvements. 

The final cost of the road improvements is $1,761,345.07, which exceeded the district’s $1,550,000.00 budget cap as stated in AO 2006-102.  However, in AO 2007-31 the Assembly agreed to cover the project costs over the budget cap. 

Information on the proposed final assessments was provided in a letter to property owners and at a public meeting.

None of the lots in the district are owned by the Municipality.  The total Municipal contribution to the district is $1,610,696.03.  The amount assessed to property owners is $198,485.59.

The interest rate on the unpaid assessment shall be based upon the capital marketplace cost of funds for debt pursuant to AMC Section 19.20.260.B.1.  The term of the repayment period depends on the amount of the assessment and ranges from 20 to 30 years in accordance with AR 2012-172(S).

The above-referenced document is available for examination at the Clerk's Office, City Hall, 632 W. 6th Avenue, Room 250, Anchorage, Alaska. 

Persons wishing to provide oral comments on the described matters may do so at this meeting or may provide written comments.  Written comments should be sent to:  Barbara A. Jones, Municipal Clerk, P.O. Box 196650, Anchorage, AK 99519-6650, FAX (907) 343-4313, or JonesBAR@muni.org

Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids, services, or special modifications to participate should contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office by telephone at 343-4311; fax at 343-4313; or e-mail wwwmasmc@muni.org to request reasonable accommodations. 

View all Municipality of Anchorage public notifications on the Municipal website:  http://www.muni.org/  

/s/ Barbara A. Jones

Municipal Clerk 



Noticed: 7/29/2014 
Notice Ends: 8/27/2014