MOA Public Transportation Public Meetings
MOA Public Transportation Department to Hold Public Meetings Re: Draft Schedules and AnchorRIDES Service Area for New Bus System
ANCHORAGE - People Mover will give the public an opportunity to provide input on the draft schedules for the new bus system that will be implemented on October 23, 2017. The draft schedules will let the public know exactly when buses are scheduled to arrive at bus stops across town and allow them to start planning trips and see how the new frequent network will work for them.
The new AnchorRIDES service area boundaries will also be presented.
Five public comment meetings are scheduled throughout Anchorage and Eagle River between July 26 and July 29, 2016.
The Public Comment Meeting dates are listed below:
- Wednesday, July 26 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Eagle River Library
- Thursday, July 27 - 10:30 a.m. to Noon at the Muldoon Library
- Thursday, July 27 - 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Mountain View Library
- Friday, July 28 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Sand Lake Elementary
- Saturday, July 29 - 10:30 a.m. to Noon at Spring Hill Elementary
For those who are unable to attend the public meetings, the draft schedules and AnchorRIDES service area boundaries are available online now and public comments will be accepted until August 4, 2017.
To submit a comment, learn more about the project, view the draft schedules, or see the entire project timeline, visit www.peoplemover.org/transittalks.
For more information contact Bart Rudolph at (907) 343-8490.