Public Event Series
Transit on the Move is the short-range transit plan for the Municipality of Anchorage. Over the course of the next year we are conducting a series of public meetings in order to obtain feedback from the community about public transportation in the municipality. This process will help the Public Transportation Department prioritize future projects in order to make public transportation as convenient, accessible, and reliable as possible.
*Additional service is dependent on additional funding. The goal of this plan is to recommend a list of future system adjustments ranked by priority.
Public Event Series #2
We met in February to discuss the needs, values, and desires of the community for public transit. Join us in May to review what we heard and look at project proposals to include in the plan based on that feedback. Participants can share their own ideas and voice their opinions about the proposed projects.
- May 9th: City Hall - Mayor's Conference Room #830 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm (along with monthly PTAB meeting)
- May 11th: Ocean View Elementary - Multipurpose Room - 10:00am - 11:30am
- May 13th: West High School - Rm. C252 (CTE Wing) - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 14th: Eagle River - Eagle River Transit Center - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 15th: Dimond Center - 2nd Fl. - Next to Habitat Housewares - 10:00am - 11:30am
- May 15th: Muldoon Library - Meeting Room - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 16th: Fairview Rec Center - Multipurpose Room - 11:30am - 1:00pm
- May 17th: Mountain View Library - Community Room - 10:00am - 11:30am
Meeting materials will be made available beginning Thursday, May 9th. The public comment period will be open from May 9th through the month of June.
If You Cannot Attend One of the Meetings
Click here to view meeting boards, proposed project scenario maps, videos, and to submit your votes online.
Meeting in a Box
If you cannot attend one of the meetings listed above, but would like to participate, contact us to reserve your meeting in a box! Boxes will contain all meeting materials and directions for conducting your meeting. More information is available upon request.
Reserve your box today by clicking the icon!
Join our mailing list to receive project updates.
Call or email us with your questions or concerns.
For more information or to request special accommodations to attend one of the meetings, please contact us or visit the website below.
Public Event Series #1
To find out what we heard during Public Event Series #1, click here.