Public Event Series
Transit on the Move is the short-range transit plan for the Municipality of Anchorage. Over the course of the next year we are conducting a series of public meetings in order to obtain feedback from the community about public transportation in the municipality. This process will help the Public Transportation Department prioritize future projects in order to make public transportation as convenient, accessible, and reliable as possible.
*Additional service is dependent on additional funding. The goal of this plan is to recommend a list of future system adjustments ranked by priority.
Public Event Series #2
We met in May and June to vote on project proposals to include in the short-range transit plan. We asked participants to review 4 maps containing projects for the Anchorage Bowl and one map contained projects for Chugiak/Eagle River. There were 3 Anchorage Bowl maps to show options for how service on particular road segments of the city could be designed. There were also seven non-route specific projects to vote on: adding back service on the holidays, increasing the frequency on existing routes, increasing the span of service on the weekdays, increasing the span of service on the weekends, adding transit security, and two projects specific to AnchorRIDES: decreasing the wait-time by 10 minutes at pick-up and providing same day scheduling.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MEETING BOARDS, VIDEOS, AND OTHER MATERIALS.
- May 9th: City Hall - Mayor's Conference Room #830 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm (along with monthly PTAB meeting)
- May 11th: Ocean View Elementary - Multipurpose Room - 10:00am - 11:30am
- May 13th: West High School - Rm. C252 (CTE Wing) - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 14th: Eagle River - Eagle River Transit Center - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 15th: Dimond Center - 2nd Fl. - Next to Habitat Housewares - 10:00am - 11:30am
- May 15th: Muldoon Library - Meeting Room - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- May 16th: Fairview Rec Center - Multipurpose Room - 11:30am - 1:00pm
- May 17th: Mountain View Library - Community Room - 10:00am - 11:30am
Extending the Vote Outreach
- June 5th: Public Transportation Department - Bus Operators
- June 5th: Turnagain Community Council
- June 7th: Downtown Transit Center
- June 10th: Downtown Transit Center
- June 10th: Sand Lake Community Council
- June 13th: Loussac Library
- June 14th: Centennial Village
- June 18th: Downtown Transit Center
- June 19th: Climate Action Plan Celebration
- June 21st: Dimond Transit Center
- June 25th: Senior Center
- June 26th: Seeds of Change
- June 26th: Catholic Social Services
The public comment period ran from May 9th through the month of June.
Public Event Series #2 Summary
Watch the video and/or click on the Public Event Series #2 packet below for an overview of how the public voted.
Public Event Series #2 Summary Packet
Public Event Series #1
To find out what we heard during Public Event Series #1, click here.