Public Event Series
Transit on the Move is the short-range transit plan for the Municipality of Anchorage. Over the course of the next year we are conducting a series of public meetings in order to obtain feedback from the community about public transportation in the municipality. This process will help the Public Transportation Department prioritize future projects in order to make public transportation as convenient, accessible, and reliable as possible.
Public Event Series #1
The Public Event Series kicked off February 14th -22nd. We reviewed the System Report Card and asked participants for their feedback on the changes that took place October 23, 2017.
- February 14th: City Hall - Assembly Conference Room #155 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- February 19th: Mountain View Library - Community Room - 10:00am - 11:30am
- February 19th: Eagle River Town Center - Community Room #170 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- February 20th: Dimond Center - 2nd Floor next to Habitat Housewares - 10:00am - 11:30am
- February 20th: Romig Middle School - Multipurpose Room - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- February 21st: Muldoon Library - 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- February 22nd: Fairview - Fairview Rec Center - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Event participants wrote down their suggestions and comments on Post-it notes and placed them on large boards labeled with three overarching goals for public transportation: Accessibility, Convenience, and Reliability. If an idea did not fit under any of those categories, community members could place their comments on a board labeled "Other," and discuss their ideas with PTD staff present at the event.
The event summaries listed below cover all comments received at the Transportation Fair on February 6th, 2019, the seven public meetings between 2/14/19 - 2/22/19, and any additional comments received up until 2/28/19 through verbal, written, or emailed formats.
To see how many people attended our meetings and what ideas came up please click on the links provided.