Bike to School Day
May 7th, 2014 is National Bike to School Day.
All People Mover buses are equipped with easy to use bike racks, mounted on the front of the bus, and can accommodate up to three standard two-wheel bicycles, available on a first come, first serve basis.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when biking to the bus:
- While waiting at the bus stop with your bike, stand near the sign as the bus approaches.
- Tell the bus driver you will be using the bike rack.
- Always approach the rack curbside, do not block traffic.
- When unloading your bike, wait for the bus to come to a complete stop.
- Unload your bike and make eye contact with the bus operator as you do so.
For further rules, safety tips and a demonstration on how to use the bike rack, watch this video.