2013 Proposed Public Transportation Budget
The Anchorage Assembly will be considering two proposed budgets in October. Plan A reflects a level of service assuming no additional revenues are provided. Plan B is a proposal illustrating an approach to maintain and continue almost all existing services into 2013.
Plan A proposes service reductions affecting all Municipal Departments to address a citywide $30M shortfall in revenues required to pay for a range of public services. The Public Transportation Department budget proposal includes:
- Eliminate Eagle River Connect Service to Eagle River-Chugiak-Birchwood
- Eliminate MOA funded AnchorRIDES senior trips and trips in the premium service area.
- Eliminate People Mover and AnchorRIDES service on Sundays
- Reduce People Mover and AnchorRIDES Saturday service to be similar to 2012 Sundays
- Routes 1, 2, 8, 9, 13, 15 & 36: Eliminate late night/early morning trips
- Route 60: Eliminate service south of Dimond Center
- Route 102: Eliminate Eagle River to Anchorage service
Plan B, as proposed, assumes that the Assembly votes to utilize a portion of available property tax capacity that cannot be used to fund education, but can be used to fund general government services.
In addition, the Assembly will be considering an increase in People Mover fares.
Assembly Public Hearing Schedule (Public testimony begins after 6:00 p.m.)
- October 23, 2012
- October 30, 2012
Proposed 2013 Operating and Capital Budget
Proposed Budget: AO No. 2012-99
Proposed Fare Increase: AO No. 2012-104