The Municipal Safety Council is a large group of both full time and collateral duty safety officers employed within the Municipality. Full time safety officers manage safety programs at the larger departments such as APD, AFD, AWWU & ML&P. Collateral duty safety officers are employees that typically hold other positions and also manage safety responsibilities within their department.
- Ensure all Municipality of Anchorage employees have a safe, healthy and injury-free work environment.
- Be proactively involved in all aspects of the Municipal Safety Program. Ensure strict adherence to all local, state and federal safety and health regulations.
- Ensure management commitment and employee participation in all safety and health programs at all levels in the organization.
- Maintain active engagement of management and employees in growing and developing our Culture of Safety.
- Assist each other in resolving safety and health issues through networking, research and working synergistically across all departments