Welcome to the Anchorage Police Department
Have Fun and Be Safe this Halloween Season!
Here are a few basic tips to help protect those little ghosts and goblins of our community as they venture out on Halloween night in search of treats:
- Be visible! Design a costume using white or bright colored pieces, decorate with reflective tape, and carry a flashlight or glow sticks.
- Wear sturdy footwear and a properly sized costume to prevent trips and falls.
- Don't go Trick-or-Treating alone! Bring a trusted adult, and stay together.
- Never go into the home of a stranger.
- Dress warm! October in Alaska is CHILLY.
- Use face paint and makeup instead of wearing a mask whenever possible. Masks can make it difficult to see and hear.
- Stay out of the street, watch for cars, and cross at designated crosswalks.
- Have a parent or trusted adult examine all the candy BEFORE you eat it.
- Report any suspicious activity if seen.
A Night on Patrol
Officer Barry Hetlet provides a glimps of what he sees as a mid-shift patrol officer with the Anchorage Police Department in this segment of Alcohol & Me from the Anchorage Daily News.
Make A Difference - Join the Team
APD is hiring! Click here for more information about starting an exciting and rewarding career in public safety with the Anchorage Police Department.
What is RAIDS Online?
RAIDS Online is a new crime mapping system designed to keep citizens informed of crime activity in their area. The system maps and analyzes crime data, while alerting Anchorage citizens about crime in the community. Click here for more information about RAIDS Online and how it can help you stay informed about what is happening in our community.
Sign up to receive up-to-date information directly from APD!
NIXLE allows you to choose the information you want from your Anchorage Police Department and the way you want to receive it - either via text, email, or web. Click here to sign up today!