How Can We Help You?

Forms and Reports

Parking Citations

Parking citations in Anchorage are issued by the following agencies-Anchorage Police Department, Alaska State Troopers, Chugach State Park Rangers, or TSIA Police Officers. EasyPark processes parking citation payments and appeals for these agencies.

Parking violations are not criminal offenses in Anchorage. If you choose to appeal your citation, you must begin by filing an EasyPark Form, Request for Court Hearing on Parking Citation, within thirty (30) days of the issue date of the citation. The form may be obtained from their website, picked up in person at EasyPark, or mailed or faxed to you.

If your specific questions are not covered here, please feel free to contact us for more answers and assistance.

For information:Tel. (907) 276-7275
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Mail correspondence to: EasyPark 440 B Street, Anchorage, AK 99501

Q: How can I pay my parking citation?
  • A: There are three ways you can pay your parking citation.  Persons receiving parking citations can pay online, in person or by mail. EasyPark is open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm weekdays and is located at 440 B Street.  Please do not mail cash and remember to write your citation number on your check or money order.
Q: How do I get and turn in an appeal form?
  • A: The easiest way is to file online. You may also contact EasyPark's Customer Service at (907) 276-7275 or 1-800-70-2227 and ask for an appeal form to be mailed or faxed to you. The appeal form must be filed within 30 days of the issue date of the citation. If you are not using EasyPark's online services, the appeal form with citation can be faxed to EasyPark at (907) 279-5073 or mailed to 440 B Street; Anchorage, AK 99501.

Q. What kind of information do I need to put in my appeal?

  • A: Appeals must include the citation number, must state the reason for the appeal, must include either the original or a copy of the citation, and should include copies of any other pertinent information you wish to have considered (e.g. a copy of any police report, vehicle registration, handicapped permit, an original notarized sworn statement of an owner change, etc.)
Q: What if I miss the 30 day appeal deadline?
  • A: You forfeit your right to appeal. If there is a good reason [good cause is shown in legalese terms] for the lapse, you may send a letter stating the reason for the delay, not the appeal, to the Municipal Representative. Your letter should also include the citation number, your name, address, and contact phone number. The Municipal Representative will contact you by letter with a decision on whether or not your appeal will be accepted.
Q: I live far away, can I still appeal?
  • A: Yes. Complete and return the Appeal form. Make note on the form of your desire to have a telephone hearing and be sure to include a phone number that will accept collect calls. You will receive a hearing notice with a court date annotated. On your hearing date, you must be at the phone number you give between 9:00 and 12:00 noon, Alaska Time.
Q: I put a witness' name on my Appeal form. Why wasn't that considered?
  • A: By law, we may not consider information unless it is received prior to or during the hearing. It is therefore insufficient to simply list a witness name. You must provide the written witness' statement, police report, photographs, etc.
Q: How will I know when my hearing is going to be and where it will be?
  • A: A notice will be sent to you approximately two weeks before the hearing. All hearings are held in the Boney Court building, 303 K Street. The court sets the time and date for parking citation hearings.
Q: What if I can't make it to the hearing - can it be rescheduled to some other day or time?
  • A: A hearing may be rescheduled if there is a valid reason and you contact the EasyPark Scheduling Clerk before the hearing date. However, parking citation hearings are always on Wednesday beginning at 8:15 AM. If rescheduling is approved, you will be sent a new notice with a new date and time. Hearings will not be rescheduled more than once without a valid reason and Municipal Representative approval.
Q: How do I prepare for the hearing?
  • A: You have the legal obligation to show the citation was not validly issued, or that there is a legal excuse, or justification, as to why it should be dismissed. This means you must provide evidence that shows, as a whole, that the fact you are trying to prove is more probable than not.
Q: I can't afford the penalty. Can it be waived?
  • A: Citations may not be dismissed based on your inability to pay.
Q: My citation is wrong. Can I get it voided or dismissed without going through the appeal process?
  • A: No. You must submit all valid information to EasyPark. If you submit sufficient evidence, you may not have to go completely through the court hearing process, but all appeals must go through the appeal process.
Q: I'm not the registered owner of the vehicle, but I was using the vehicle and I want to appeal the citation. Can I do that?
  • A: Yes. If you are not the registered owner, you must submit a Sworn Statement form with your appeal information. This form can be obtained by going to EasyPark's website.