File your Police Report Online
If this is an emergency, call 911.
Welcome to the Anchorage Police Online Reporting System. Using this online system you may submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
- Is this an emergency?
- If YES - Call 911
- If NO, please proceed to the next question.
- Did this incident occur within APD JURISDICTION? APD has jurisdiction from the first Knik River Bridge on the Glenn Highway, to McHugh Creek on the New Seward Highway.
- If this incident occurred OUTSIDE APD jurisdiction, please contact the appropriate law enforcement agency to file your report.
- If this incident occurred within APD JURISDICTION, please proceed to the next question.
- Is this a TRAFFIC ACCIDENT?
- For online reporting of TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS, you must file an Alaska Motor Vehicle Crash Report with the STATE OF ALASKA. To file an Alaska Motor Vehicle Crash Report online, click here.
- If this is NOT a traffic accident, please proceed to the next question.
- Is the type of incident eligible for online reporting? Using the Anchorage Police Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
- Fraud / Identity Theft
- Harassing Phone Call
- Liquor Violation
- Lost Property
- Theft From Vehicle
- Vehicle Tampering
- If your incident falls within the above report classifications, please click here to file your report.
- If your incident falls outside the above report classifications, please either call APD non-emergency at 786-8900 or refer to our "How Can We Help YOU?" section for additional service APD may be able to provide.
Filing an Online Report
Once you have answered the above questions and determined that your incident is eligible for the APD Online reporting process, you can file your report here. Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Click here to: Start My Report