The Role Of Volunteers
The Trail Watch program is designed to encourage participation from all Anchorage trail users. Anchorage Trail Watch offers two volunteer opportunities: Trail Watcher and Trail Ambassador.
Individuals who plan to participate with friends and family and who value a flexible schedule can volunteer at the Trail Watcher level.
Individuals who plan to participate through a team effort that includes additional training, a committed schedule and a formal application process can volunteer at the Trail Ambassador level.
Trail Watcher Profile
- Participate through their own initiative and according to their own schedule
- Are willing to wear Trail Watch logo gear and agree to be a visible presence on the Anchorage trail system
- May participate as an informal representative of their club, membership organizations or business
- Report incidents to appropriate authorities in an expeditious manner*
*Trail Watchers are highly encouraged, but not required, to carry a personal cell phone while using the Anchorage Trail system as a Trail Watch volunteer.
Trail Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities
- Are committed to monitoring a certain portion of the Anchorage trail system on a set schedule
- Are willing to volunteer at least two hours per week
- Are willing to volunteer independently or in pairs
- Will carry personal cell phones or radios
- Will submit summary reports through the Anchorage Works website
- Are willing to wear Trail Watch logo gear (including vest and armband) and agree to be a visible presence on the Anchorage trail system