The Youth Employment in Parks Program (YEP) is a cooperative, hands-on program of the Anchorage Parks and Recreation department and the Anchorage Park Foundation. The goal of the YEP is to positively engage a new generation of diverse youth leaders with the environmental and natural resources field and the Anchorage community through meaningful training, employment, and outdoor recreation.
Youth Employment In Parks:
- Creates a meaningful "first job" experience and career pathway for diverse youth to work in the outdoors and natural resources fields.
- Exposes youth to the outdoors and connect them with nature to support healthy lifestyles.
- Provides youth with community action skills and character development so they may become effective citizens.
- Improves community through enhanced recreation opportunities, parks and public spaces.
- For general information on the YEP program contact YEP at email@example.com
- Contact the Anchorage Park Foundation for more information on YEP employment opportunities, how to be a YEP supporter or to learn about past YEP seasons!
- Stay connected through the YEP Facebook page and YEP Instagram account.
Thank you for your interest in the YEP program, a true community investment!