Spenard Community Recreation Center
2020 W 48th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99517
Raylon Almon 343-4160
Spenard Community Recreation Center:
Spenard Skate Park Hours:
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Jan. 18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day 12:00pm-5:00pm
Feb. 15 President's Day 12:00pm-5:00pm
Mar. 28 Seward's Day 12:00pm-5:00pm
SPENARD RECREATION CENTER
The Spenard Recreation Center is a full service community facility offering:
Full Size Gymnasium
2 Raquetball/Walleyball Courts
Dance/Martial Arts Room
Locker Rooms with Saunas
4 Meeting Rooms
Stop by and visit--we will be happy to explain our facility and programs to you, your family, and friends. There are a wide variety of classes, programs, and activities offered for all age groups.
View Map Blast to get directions to any of our facilities (type comma after address, then city - ie 120 S. Bragaw, Anchorage).
- Adults (18 yrs +): $3.00 (day)
- Adult Punch Card: $40.00 (15 visits)
- Teens (12-17 yrs): $1.00 (day)
- Teen Punch Card: $10 (15 visits)
- Children (11 yrs & under - under 8 yrs requires adult supervision): Free
- Racquetball: $8.00/person/hour
- Racquetball Punch Card: $90 (15 visits)
Facility admission allows access to all amenities, except where additional fees are noted or if an organized class is in session.
Spenard Skate Park -Closed for Season
Our skate park features grind boxes with grind rails, a flat kinked grind rail, skate table, jump ramp, 2 quarter pipe, 3-sided pyramid with stairs, mini half pipe combination, and a custom curved grind rail.
The skate park is free to the public so please be courteous to each other and clean up after yourself.
**The Spenard Skate Park is available for rental at certain times and days. Call Raylon at 343-4160 for more information.
Spenard Skate Park Rules
- This is an unsupervised skate park.
- Use of this skate park is at your own risk.
- There is an inherent risk of bodily harm from using this facility.
- In the event of rain, snow, or other condensation on the ramps or concrete, the skate park will close until the facility staff determines the skate park safe for use. The skate park will also be closed while under maintenance.
- You should wear proper protective gear including helmet, knee, elbow and wrist pads.
- Skateboards, BMX bikes, non-motorized scooters, and rollerblades only. No motorized vehicles.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Abusive, profane, or foul language is not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Littering, graffiti, tagging, stickers, or other items is not allowed.
- Graffiti, tagging, littering, or any vandalism will result in a minimum 48 hour closure.
- Alcohol or illegal substances are not allowed.
- Use of "homemade" elements or altering existing elements is not allowed.
- Skating is not allowed on driveways, curbs, and parking lots.
- Unauthorized access to the skate park after posted hours or when the facility is closed due to safety and maintenance reasons shall be considered trespassing.
- Organized events require prior approval and permit from the Parks and Recreation Department.
- For emergencies call 911.
The Spenard Skate Park is webcam accessible at: http//stream.muni.org/skatepark.asx
Activities at the Center
Information on room rentals at Spenard Community Recreation Center and information concerning procedures, programs and operations of the center can be obtained by calling the center at 343-4160 during operating hours, or fill out the Room Rental Reservation Request and mail it in or fax it to 248-0859. For requests that include alcohol, an Alcohol Waiver must be submitted as well. See the Parks & Recreation fee schedule for an indepth listing of current fees.
Room Rental Fees:
- Main Gym..................................$75.00/hr (Min. 2 hrs.)
- Multi-Purpose Room...............$70.00/hr
- Commerical Kitchen...............$40.00/hr.
- Dance/Marital Arts Room.......$50.00/hr
- West Conference Room.........$50.00/hr
- South Conference Room .......$40.00/hr
- Arts & Crafts Room.................$50.00/hr (not available June-August)
- Youth Center.............................$40.00/hr
Arts & Crafts Room:
This room can accommodate classes in arts & crafts and also is available for rentals.
Dance/Martial Arts Room:
This room has a wood floor, mirrors and mats. Classes held daily, drop-in time is available.
This commercial size kitchen can be used by groups who wish to serve food during their event. The kitchen is approved for the preparation and cooking of food for sale to the general public. The kitchen features a 3 compartment sink, commercial dishwasher, microwave oven, 8 burner gas stove with a center grill and oven, movable preparation tables, moveable compartment food warmers, ice machine and refrigerator.
Equipped with showers and lockers (you must provide your own lock and towel). Lockers for valuables are available near the front desk for a quarter.
The main gym dimensions are 70'x100. The wood floor is excellent for competition or practices with lines for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and badminton. Other functions include: shows, fairs, bazaars and banquets.
This room (capacity 250) is ideal for large meetings, presentations, luncheons, and receptions. Features include: carpeting, direct access to table/chair storage and a commercial kitchen, integrated PA system, piano, and a partition to divide the room in half.
Available for rental on an hourly basis for $8.00 per person per hour, or purchase a 7 visit punch card for $48.00. Proper court attire and shoes are required.
Walleyball is also available. Reserve a court for $40 per hour.
This room is equipped with pool tables, ping pong tables and foosball.
Co-ed and fully equipped with free weights, two treadmills and a universal gym. No one under 18 is allowed to use the weight room. Proper clothes and shoes are required. Room may be closed for classes, check lobby for class dates & times.
The Spenard Community Recreation Center offers a variety of programs for youth and adults. Some of the classes offered are listed below. For more information on the classes call the center at 343-4160.
- Spenard Community Council: Open general membership meeting held on the first Wed. of every month at 7p.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Meet the 2nd Thursday of most months at 6p.
Return to top