Spenard Community Recreation Center
2020 W 48th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99517
Teri Desy 343-4297
|Aug 18-Sept 2
View Map Blast to get directions to any of our facilities (type comma after address, then city - ie 120 S. Bragaw, Anchorage).
- Adults (18 yrs +): $3.00 (day)
- Adult Punch Card: $40.00 (15 visits)
- Teens (12-17 yrs): $1.00 (day)
- Teen Punch Card: $10 (15 visits)
- Children (11 yrs & under - under 8 yrs requires adult supervision): Free
- Seniors (62 yrs +): $3.00 (day)
- Racquetball: $8.00/person/hour
- Racquetball Punch Card: $90 (15 visits)
Facility admission allows access to all amenities, except where additional fees are noted or if an organized class is in session.
Spenard Skate Park
Activities at the Center
Information on room rentals at Spenard Community Recreation Center and information concerning procedures, programs and operations of the center can be obtained by calling the center at 343-4160 during operating hours, or fill out the Room Rental Reservation Request and mail it in or fax it to 248-0859. For requests that include alcohol, an Alcohol Waiver must be submitted as well. See the Parks & Recreation fee schedule for an indepth listing of current fees.
Room Rental Fees:
- Main Gym..................................$75/hr
- Multi-purpose Room...............$70/hr
- Dance/Marital Arts Room.......$50/hr
- Commercial Kitchen ..............$40/hr
- Small Meeting Room..............$40/hr
- Arts & Crafts Room.................$50/hr
- Teen Center.............................$40/hr
Arts & Crafts Room:
This room can accommodate classes in arts & crafts and also is available for rentals.
Dance/Martial Arts Room:
This room has a wood floor, mirrors and mats. Classes held daily, drop-in time is available.
This commercial size kitchen can be used by groups who wish to serve food during their event. The kitchen is approved for the preparation and cooking of food for sale to the general public. The kitchen features a 3 compartment sink, commercial dishwasher, microwave oven, 8 burner gas stove with a center grill and oven, movable preparation tables, moveable compartment food warmers, ice machine and refrigerator.
Equipped with showers, dry saunas and lockers (you must provide your own lock and towel). Lockers for valuables are available near the front desk for a quarter.
The main gym dimensions are 70'x100. The wood floor is excellent for competition or practices with lines for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and badminton. Other functions include: shows, fairs, bazaars and banquets.
This room (capacity 250) is ideal for large meetings, presentations, luncheons, and receptions. Features include: carpeting, direct access to table/chair storage and a commercial kitchen, integrated PA system, piano, and a partition to divide the room in half.
Available for rental on an hourly basis for $8.00 per person per hour, or purchase a 7 visit punch card for $48.00. Proper court attire and shoes are required.
This room is equipped with pool tables, ping pong tables and foosball.
Co-ed and fully equipped with free weights, two treadmills and a universal gym. No one under 16 is allowed to use the weight room. Proper clothes and shoes are required. Room may be closed for classes, check lobby for class dates & times.
The Spenard Community Recreation Center offers a variety of programs for youth and adults. Some of the classes offered are listed below. For more information on the classes call the center at 343-4160.
- Spenard Community Council: Open general membership meeting held on the first Wed. of every month at 7p.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Meet the 2nd Thursday of most months at 6p.
Return to top