Parks and Recreation offers a variety of cross-country ski and skate-ski lessons designed for the beginner to the intermediate skier, adult or child.
Lesson registration for all ski classes is on-going, at the following sites:
Registration begins Monday, August 27 during normal business hours. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
You can walk-in (cash, check, Visa or Mastercard), send a fax or call to register (Visa and Mastercard only). Classes fill up ealry so don't delay! Waitlists will be established if a class is full.
Students must provide their own ski equipment. Adult lessons have a minimum of 4 students and a maximum of 12. Children’s lessons have a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 8.
Cross Country Ski classes will be canceled when weather conditions warrant or if there are not enough students registered. Refunds will only be made when we cancel a class. There are no refunds for missed classes without advance notice as listed on the registration form.
We are looking for Ski Instructors. Interested in making some extra money? If so, contact Margaret Timmerman, 343-4217, email@example.com
Muni-Masters Cross-Country Ski Program
- Offered to adult novice skiers, ages 18 years +, who wish to improve their physical condition and athletic ability.
- Master Cross-Country Ski Program will accommodate those with limited skiing experience and will include training in skate techniques. We offer a low student-to-coach ratio. Practice sessions include discussion on training, personal goals, introduction to ski racing and tours. Many of our students choose to enter the Tour of Anchorage Ski Race as their goal.
Early Season - Nov 19-Dec 10, 2012 - Mon, 7-8:30p
Regular Season Intermediate Level -Jan 8-Feb 28, 2013 -Tues/Thurs, 7-8:30p
Beginner Level-Jan 9-Feb 27, 2013-Wed. 6:30-7:30p
- $45 Early Season
- $150 Regular Season Intermediates
- $80 Beginner Level
Call Outdoor Recreation - 343-4217
Anchorage Junior Nordic League
For information, or to register on-line, visit the website @ http://www.juniornordic.org/. For questions that can't be answered by visiting the website, contact the Nordic Skiing Association at 276-7609 or Kincaid Chalet at 343-6397.
Little Nordic Cross Country Ski Club
- Little Nordic Ski Club is cross country learn-to-ski and ski training program is open to all potential skiers 4-5 years old. No experience is necessary. Skiers must provide their own ski equipment. Saturday practices are held from 1-2p at Kincaid Park OR Russian Jack Springs, ask for the practice schedule. Tuesday evenings are held at Kincaid Park from 6:30-7:30p. Practice locations may change according to snow/weather conditions. Skiers need to provide their own equipment. Parent meetings are held the first day of each session. Min 10/Max 30.
- Nov 13, 2012-Dec 18, 2012- Tu, 6:30-7:30p
- Nov 17, 2012-Jan 5, 2013 - Sa, 1-2p
- Jan 15-Mar 5, 2013 - Tu, 6:30-7:30p
- Jan 19-Mar 9, 2013 - Sa, 1-2p
Parent meetings will be held the first meeting of each session. Christmas and New Years Day are on Tuesday Session I, families are welcome to join a Saturday practice as a make up lesson.
Practice locations may change due to weather/snow conditions. A complete practice schedule will be available at the parent meeting.
For additional information, call 343-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.