Cuddy Family Mid-Town Park, Playground-4-All
Imagine creating a fully-inclusive playground that stimulates sight, sound, and imagination—right here in Anchorage. Cuddy Family Mid-Town Park is to be the future site of a “Playground for All”.
The Municipality Of Anchorage is partnering with the Anchorage Park Foundation and "Play for All" an organization of parents, to create Anchorage’s first universally accessible playground. The goal is to create a barrier free, sensory rich experience that is accessible for children of all abilities. The playground will need to fit the glacial theme for the park as outlined in the Master Plan. An accessible playground can include accessible swings, ramped play equipment, transfer platforms and ground level play features.
Join us by taking the inclusion movement to the next level, by setting a standard of compassion and innovation for generations to come.
- Dreaming and Design Session - October 19, 2009; This children’s workshop session was held to gain a perspective of what kind of all abilities playground activities kids would like to have in the design
- Concept Design ‐ Nov. 2009/ Jan. 2010
- Funding effort ‐ 2010 - 2012
- Final Playground design ‐2012
- Volunteer Day - Semptember 8, 2012
- Construction ‐ Summer 2013
Back to Current Projects