Horticulture Complex & the Mann Leiser Memorial Greenhouse
1321 Lidia Selkregg Lane
P.O. Box 196650
Anchorage, AK 99519-6650
E-mail: Marcy Lebrun
Did you know that the Horticulture Section is not only responsible for the production of the thousands of plants utilized in landscaping and beautifying Anchorage but also has a tropical greenhouse with fish pond and aviary open to public view and can be rented for small weddings or other special events? The Section is responsible for:
- Planting and maintaining 461 flower beds and baskets with more than 76,000 annual flowers at 81 sites.
- Operating 10 plant production greenhouses totaling 52,000 sq. ft.
- Maintaining 179 tree/shrub landscape sites containing 21,600 trees, 39,525 shrubs, 1,135 perennials, and 3,007 feet of hedge.
- Mowing and fertilizing 215 acres of turf at 96 sites and along 79.4 miles of road right-of- way.
- Irrigation of all of the above flower beds, containers, landscape sites, and turf sites.
The Mann Leiser Memorial Greenhouses:
- tropical greenhouse is open for public viewing 8am to 3:30pm seven days a week
- is disabled accessible
- has a fish pond & small aviary
- is especially suited for elementary school-age children
- is a unique setting for small weddings or functions (rentals available from 9am to 3 pm)
Return to top