Greenhouse Operating Hours
Monday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Horticulture and the Mann Leiser Memorial Greenhouse
The Horticulture division of Anchorage Parks and Recreation is responsible for the production and care of thousands of plants utilized in landscaping and beautifying Anchorage. Additionally, crews also operate a public tropical greenhouse with fish pond and aviary that may be rented for small weddings or other special events.
The Horticulture team is responsible for:
- Planting and maintaining 461 flower beds and baskets with more than 76,000 annual flowers at 81 sites across Anchorage
- Operating 10 plant production greenhouses totaling 52,000 sqare feet
- Maintaining 179 tree and shrub landscape sites containing 21,600 trees, 39,525 shrubs, 1,135 perennials, and 3,007 feet of hedges
- Mowing and fertilizing 215 acres of turf at 96 sites and along 79.4 miles of Anchorage road right-of-way
- Irrigation for all of the above flower beds, containers, landscape, and turf sites.
The Mann Leiser Memorial Greenhouse is:
- a tropical greenhouse open for public viewing 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., seven days a week
- is fully-ADA accessible
- home for a fish pond and small aviary
- is especially suited for school-aged students looking for a special spot for storytimes or plant education
- is a unique setting for small weddings or functions (rentals available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily)
Find the greenhouse at 1321 Lidia Selkregg Lane, Anchorage, 99504