Parks and Recreation public facilities may be closed or have reduced access to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit here for updates
Fairview Community Recreation Center - Update - 12/28/2020
The Fairview Recreation Center is currently closed to the public. The Fairview Community Recreation Center will re-open to the public as soon as it is deemed safe to do so, in accordance with Municipality of Anchorage and State of Alaska COVID-19 guidelines and/or mandates. There may be changes in the hours and days of operation and program delivery. These changes have been put in place to keep our staff, patrons, and community members as safe as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we adjust to these challenging times.
Face Coverings ARE REQUIRED to enter this facility.
Operating Hours (Upon Opening)
Tuesday – Friday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Closed
The Fairview Recreation Center is currently closed to the public.
Plans for Reopening
Method of Payment
- No CASH transactions will take place. We will only accept recreation center punch passes or credit/debit cards..
- Need to buy a punch card or refill your current punch card? It's easy!…. Visit www.muni.org/Active to purchase a punch card; $40 for15 punches.
- Drop-in use of the facility is $3, payable by credit card only..
The following amenities will be offered upon reopening:
To ensure the safety of all patrons and staff, Fairview Recreation Center will limit the number of participants in each open activity area to maintain safe physical distancing.
- Weight Room - Limit of 4 people in the weight room at a time. Weight room will be closed between 2:00pm - 3:00pm each day for disinfecting and sanitizing. Some equipment may not be available for use.
- Dance Room - Limit of 4 people in the dance room at a time.
- Pottery Room - Limit of 4 people in the pottery room at a time.
- Gym / Multipurpose Room by reservation only. Call for details.
Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
The following amenities will not be offered:
- Water Fountains/Vending Machines
- Classes/Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- Patrons are required to wear a face covering in municipal buildings. Should you need a face covering, we will be happy to provide you one upon arrival to the recreation center. Your face covering must remain on unless you are working out.
- Only patrons who are participating in an open activity area will be allowed in. No spectators, children waiting, etc.
- Restrooms are for Recreation Center Users.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE FACILITY IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THESE SYMPTOMS Fever Headache
Cough Sore Throat
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing New loss or taste or smell
Please wash or sanitize hands upon entry.
Patrons should bring only essential items to the recreation center (keys, phone, water bottle, etc.)
Patrons should come dressed in their workout clothes and leave in their workout clothes as the locker rooms and showers will not be available for use. If you require water, please bring your own water bottle.
What To Expect When You Arrive to the Recreation Center:
- A recreation staff member will be at the front entrance to greet you.
- All patrons/vendors must answer the screening questions before being allowed to enter the facility and sign the "Visitor's Log" with your name, telephone number, and email address.
- All patrons/vendors must sign a "Waiver of Liability" prior to entering the facility. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver form by a parent or legal guardian.
- Patrons will pay at the front desk with either a recreation center punch pass or credit/debit card.
- The recreation center is implementing a single entrance and exit only to help control the flow of customer traffic.**Enter only through the building entrance which will be clearly marked.** **A separate exit will be communicated to each patron and will be clearly marked.**
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the recreation center.
- Staff will conduct regular sanitization of high-touch surfaces, equipment, and common areas of the facility.
- Activity area specific guidelines will be communicated to patrons to or upon arrival at the recreation center.
- Patrons not following mandatory guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.
Due to Covid-19, all regularly occurring classes and programs listed under Activity Fees and Class Fees are currently cancelled.
|Age ||Daily Fee ||Membership Card|
|18+||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|12 to 17 ||Free ||N/A|
|< 11 ||Free ||N/A|
Facility admission allows access to all amenities, except where additional fees are notes or if an organized class is in session.
|Activity ||Age ||Drop-In Fee ||Membership Card|
|Senior Tennis ||Senior||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|Badminton ||All Ages ||$5 ||$45 (15 visits) |
|Adult Basketball||18+ ||$3 ||$40 (15 visits) |
|Adult Open Gym ||18+||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|Youth Open Gym ||6 to 17 ||Free||N/A|
|After School Drop Zone ||6 to 12 ||Free ||N/A |
|Class ||Age ||Drop-In Fee ||Monthly Pass |
|Scottish Country Dance ||12+||$5||$40|
Room Rental Information
Fairview Community Recreation Center rents out each of its rooms to private groups for special events. Please keep in mind that due to Covid-19 some rooms may not be available at this time and the capacity of each room is limited so please call to inquire about which rooms are available and to what capacity. The multi-purpose room is great for large meetings, luncheons, receptions, and seminars. The commercial kitchen can be rented by itself or as part of any room reservation. Our full-size gym can host tournaments, birthday parties, and other special functions. The dance studio is perfect for private dance lessons or martials arts seminars. Please contact us at 343-4130 for information on reservation procedures and availability. Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
Food Bank: Every second and third Saturday of every month in the parking lot.
Children's Lunchbox: Free food is given away as a take home item every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4pm-4:45pm in the Fairview Parking Lot.
COVID-19 Testing: Visit Healthcare provides Coronavirus throat
screenings in the Fairview Recreation Center parking lot each Wednesday between
8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Results may take up to 72 hours, and individuals are asked to
pre-register at www.visit-healthcare.com
to speed up the testing process. Note: Pre-registration is not required but
will shorten wait times.
Check out the complete listing of recreation facility and other Parks & Recreation fees. Availability may have changed due to Covid-19. Please call for more details.
Return to top