Update: Anchorage Parks and Recreation is now operating some facilities at limited capacity. Some facilities remain closed. Parks and trails are open. To view updates on parks, trails, and facilities visit here.
Welcome Back to the Fairview Community Recreation Center
The Fairview Community Recreation Center will be re-opened on a restricted basis as of Tuesday, June 16th in accordance with Municipal and State mandates. You will notice changes in the hours and days of operation and program delivery. The changes have been put in place to keep our staff, patrons, and community members as safe as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we adjust to these challenging times.
Current Operating Hours
Tuesday – Friday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Closed
July 3 Facility Closure
What To Expect When You Arrive to the Recreation Center:
- All patrons entering a Municipal Facility ARE required to wear a face covering.
- All patrons and staff must answer screening questions before being allowed to enter the facility.
- People who feel sick must stay home.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
- All staff will have their temperature taken before entering in the facility. People with temperatures about 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to leave.
- All patrons must sign a Waiver of Liability prior to entering the facility.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the facility.
- Punch Passes or credit card only paid at the time of the reservation. NO CASH!!
- All staff must always wear a face covering while in the facility.
- All patrons should always wear cloth face covering , including while working out, if practicable and safe.
- Staff will conduct regular sanitization of high-touch surfaces, equipment and common areas of the facility.
- There will be NO access to lockers/shower rooms so patrons should come dressed in workout clothes and leave in their workout clothes.
- Water fountains and vending machines are closed for use.
- Patrons not following mandatory guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.
Method of Payment
- Punch passes or credit card at the time you make a reservation. NO CASH!!
- Need to buy a punch card or refill your punches, it is easy…. just go to www.muni.org/Active to purchase. A punch card is $40 for 15 punches. A drop in is $3 by credit card only.
- Weight Room, Dance Room, Art Room -Reservations for time slots recommended. Please call 343-4130 to reserve your spot.
The following amenities will not be offered at this time:
- Water Fountains/Vending Machines
- Facility Rentals
The following amenities will be open according to municipal operating requirements:
- Weight Room/Dance Room
- Reservations are recommended. Payment or punch pass is required at the time the reservation is made…No Refunds. Call 343-4160 to make your reservation
- Weight room closed from 2:30pm - 3:30pm Tuesday - Friday for sanitizing and disinfecting.
- All patrons must practice safe physical distancing and remain at least 10 feet apart when exercising, and 6 feet apart when not exercising.
- Patrons must use provided materials to sanitize weight and cardio equipment before, during and after use.
- No more than 4 people in the weight room or dance room at a time.
- Pottery Room
- Reservations are recommended. Payment or punch pass is required at the time the reservation is made…No Refunds. Call 343-4160 to make your reservation.
- No more than 2 people in the pottery room at a time.
- All patrons must practice safe physical distancing of 6-feet.
- Rental only – 2 hours minimum
- $75.00 per hour
- Maximum of 30 people per rental (Includes all spectators)
- Must be rented 72 hours in advance
- Sports related rentals only (basketball, volleyball, badminton)
- Call 343-4130 for more details.
Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
Food Bank: Every second and third Saturday of every month in the parking lot.
Children's Lunchbox: Free food is given away as a take home item every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4pm-4:45pm in the Fairview Parking Lot.
Parking Lot Pop Up Programs: Free Pop up programs for kids in the Fairview Rec Center and Spenard Rec Rec parking lots during the month of July for Parks and Recreation Month. Hip hop classes, take home DIY kits, crafts, slime, and more. Follow the link to register or call 343-4130 to register over the phone.
Pop-Up Program Registration
Check out the complete listing of recreation facility and other Parks & Recreation fees. Availability may have changed due to Coiv-19. Please call for more details.
View our Activity Guide in the link above for info on everything that's going on in Parks and Recreation.
Return to top