Parks and Recreation public facilities may be closed or have reduced access to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit here for updates
Welcome Back to the Fairview Community Recreation Center
The Fairview Community Recreation will be re-open on a restricted basis as of Wednesday, November 4, 2020 in accordance with municipal and state mandates. You will notice changes in the hours and days of operation and program delivery. The changes have been put in place to keep our staff, patrons, and community members as safe as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we adjust to these challenging times.
Face Coverings ARE REQUIRED to enter this facility.
You must wear your face covering to enter the premises, and at all times other than when actively working out.
If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided.
Hours of Operation (as of Wednesday, November 4th)
Tuesday – Friday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Closed
October 10, 2020 - November 4, 2020 Faciltiy Closed: Open for rentals only
November 3, 2020 Facility Closed: Election Day
The Fairview Recreation Center will be available for indoor rentals starting October 12, 2020. Rent a room with us today! Call 343-4130 for more details. Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
Method of Payment
- No CASH transactions will take place. We will only accept recreation center punch passes or credit/debit card.
- Need to buy a punch card or refill your punches, it is easy…. just go to www.muni.org/Active to purchase. A punch card is $40 for 15 punches. A drop in is $3 by credit card only.
The following amenities will be offered at this time:
To ensure patron's safety, the recreation center is limiting the number of participants in each of our open activity areas to ensure safe physical distancing is maintained.
- Weight Room - Limit of 4 people in the weight room at a time. Weight room will be closed between 2"30pm - 3:30pm each day for disinfecting and sanitizing. Some equipment may not be available for use.
- Dance Room - Limot of 4 people in the dance room at a time.
- Pottery Room - Limit of 2 people in the pottery room at a time.
- Gym/Mutlipurpose Room by reservation only. Call for details.
Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
The following amenities will not be offered at this time:
- Public Restrooms
- Water Fountains/Vending Machines
- Classes/Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- Patrons are required to wear a face covering in municipal buildings. Should you need a face covering, we will be happy to provide you one upon arrival to the recreation center. Your face covering must remain on unless you are working out.
- Only patrons who are participating in an open activity area will be allowed in. No spectators, children waiting, etc.
- Bathrooms will not be available for public use.
PLEASE DO NOT COME IN IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THESE SYMPTOMS Fever Headache
Cough Sore Throat
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing New loss or taste or smell
What To Expect When You Arrive to the Recreation Center:
- A recreation staff member will be at the front entrance to greet you.
- All patrons/vendors must answer the screening questins before being allowed to enter the facility and sign the "Vistor Log" with your name, telephone number, and email address.
- All patrons/vendors must sign a "Waiver of Liability" prior to entering the facility. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver form by a parent or legal guardian.
- Patrons will pay at the front desk with either a recreation center punch pass or credit/debit card.
- The recreation center is implementing a single entrance and exit only to help control the flow of customer traffic.**Enter only through the building entrance which will be clearly marked.** **A seperate exit will be communicated to each patron and will be clearly marked.**
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the recreation center.
- Staff will conduct regular sanitization of high-touch surfaces, equipment, and common areas of the facility.
- Activity area specific guidelines will be communicated to patrons to or upon arrival at the recreation center.
- Patrons not following mandatory guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.
Due to Covid-19, all regularly occuring classes and programs listed uner Activity Fees and Class Fees are currently cancelled.
|Age ||Daily Fee ||Membership Card|
|18+||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|12 to 17 ||Free ||N/A|
|< 11 ||Free ||N/A|
Faility admission allows access to all amenities, except where additional fees are notes or if an organized class is in session.
|Activity ||Age ||Drop-In Fee ||Membership Card|
|Senior Tennis ||Senior||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|Badminton ||All Ages ||$5 ||$45 (15 visits) |
|Adult Basketball||18+ ||$3 ||$40 (15 visits) |
|Adult Open Gym ||18+||$3||$40 (15 visits) |
|Youth Open Gym ||6 to 17 ||Free||N/A|
|After School Drop Zone ||6 to 12 ||Free ||N/A |
|Class ||Age ||Drop-In Fee ||Monthly Pass |
|Scottish Country Dance ||12+||$5||$40|
Room Rental Information
Fairview Community Recreation Center rents out each of its rooms to private groups for special events. Please keep in mind that due to Covid-19 some rooms may not be available at this time and the capcity of each room is limited so please call to inquire about which rooms are availabe and to what capactiy. The multi-purpose room is great for large meetings, luncheons, receptions, and seminars. The commerical kitchen can be rented by itself or as part of any room reservation. Our full size gym can host tournaments, birthday parties, and other special functions. The dance studio is perfect for private dance lessons or martials arts seminars. Please contact us at 343-4130 for information on reservation procdures and availability. Facility Rental Application (English) (Spanish) (Samoan)
Food Bank: Every second and third Saturday of every month in the parking lot.
Children's Lunchbox: Free food is given away as a take home item every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4pm-4:45pm in the Fairview Parking Lot.
Visit Covid Testing: Free throat swab covid testing done by Visit in the Fairview Rec Center parking lot on Wednesdays 8am - 7pm. Up to 72 hours for results. Register at www.vist-healthcare.com to make your trip go faster (this is not required before showing up but it will make your visit faster if you do it beforehand).
Check out the complete listing of recreation facility and other Parks & Recreation fees. Availability may have changed due to Coiv-19. Please call for more details.
View our Activity Guide in the link above for info on everything that's going on in Parks and Recreation.
Return to top