Chugach Foothills Park Playground Improvements - 2018
7975 Pioneer Dr., Anchorage, AK (Map)
Anchorage Parks and Recreation is working with the Scenic Foothills Community to identify and prioritize improvements at Chugach Foothills Park.
In 1983, 5.3 acres of land were donated to the Municipality by E.G. Enterprises. Some areas were developed by a contractor building homes in the area. Considerable volunteer efforts have aided the development of this neighborhood park. In 2014, efforts were made to renovate the existing playground, however funding was not realized until now.
- In 2017, A MOA Bond for Inclusive Playgrounds was approved. Approximately $250,000 will go toward the design and construction of an all-inclusive playground.
- Anchorage Park Foundation has contributed $4,700 for the site survey.
- Fall '17-Feb.2018: Design with the Community Advisory Group
- Winter 2018: Development of Construction Documents
- Spring 2018: Begin Construction
- Summer 2018: Volunteer Park Fix-It event
- Fall 2018: RIBBON CUTTING - Grand Opening Event!
COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP (CAG)
A group of volunteer neighbors are working with the design team to develop the updated renovation site plan. Once a preferred concept is selected, the project will be presented to the Scenic Foothills Community Council and then the Park & Rec. Commission for final approval. If you would like to participate, please email Maeve Nevins-Lavtar at NevinsLavtarMV@Muni.Org.
Meeting #1 Dec. 29, 2017 (Click for links) Agenda, Notes, Opportunities & Constraints Board
Meeting # 2: TBD
STAY TUNED AS THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS PROJECT DEVELOPS.