Cardboard Boat Regatta
Goose Lake Park (2811 UAA Drive)
JULY 26th, 2014
- 12:00 registration
- 1:00 races begin
Are you brave enough for the Cardboard Boat Regatta? Compete in an Alaskan cardboard boat race where you're the designer, builder, and crew. Boats must be made only of corrugated duct tape and/or white glue. Great teambuilding activity for businesses or organizations! For ages 6 years and up.
Youth (6-17 years, no more than 4 youth per boat): $5 per boat.
Adults (18 years and up, no more than 4 adults): $25 per boat
Family (4 person crew, no more than 2 adults): $25 per boat
Corporate (4 person crew, no more than 4 adults): $100 per boat
- Entire boat must be made of corrugated cardboard and held together with duct tape and/or white glue.
- No waxed or waterproofed cardboard.
- Any weight or thickness of corrugated cardboard is OK.
- Duct tape can be used only at the seams and may not extend more than 3 inches beyond seams.
- Boat must be hand powered. Paddles will be provided.
- Racers must be at least 8 years old.
- Life jackets are required and will be provided by Anchorage Parks and Recreation.
- The Cardboard Boat Regatta is meant to be a fun for all event. Therefore, no matter how fast, slow, big, small, sensible, or outrageous your boat is, the goal is that the designers, builders, racers, and supporters have fun!
For more information call or email Jenn Thorne, 343-4495 or Doe Anderson, 343-4368